Renewal NMAS Mediator Membership with NMAS Accreditation is for NMAS accredited mediators. It may also include Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner Membership and Family Group Conference Facilitator Membership if you are eligible.
Eligibility criteria apply.
To be eligible for this membership type you must have completed the following re-accrediation requirements:
- met the good character requirements
- completed 25 hours of mediation or arbitration in the preceding 2 years
- completed 25 hours of professional development in the preceding 2 years
- maintain professional indemnity insurance or statutory immunity
Member Benefits Include
- NMAS Mediator Accreditation: this membership category is for you if you want Mediation Institute to be your Recognised Mediator Accreditation Body (RMAB)
- Complaint Handling: Membership includes access to our external complaints service that can address complaints made against you in the role of FDR Practitioner. You are not required to use our complaint handling service if you are covered by your employer or another association.
- Professional Development: Free and member rates Professional Development opportunities.
- Professional Community: Networking opportunities with other dispute resolution professionals
- Professional Profile: Opportunities to develop and share a professional profile as a dispute resolution professional and be listed on the Mediation Institute Members Map.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I have not completed 25 hours of professional practice and/or professional development?
If you have not met the renewal requirements established by the National Mediator Accreditation System you will be required to complete additional professional development and/or be re-assessed for competence.
- NMAS Refresher Course (if you have done less than 10 hours of mediation in the past 2 years)
- NMAS Mediator Gap Training Course (if you have done between 10 and 25 hours of mediation in the past 2 years)
- NMAS Mediator Accreditation Assessment (if you are confident that you can pass the re-assessment without further practice and have met the professional development requirements)
I am already NMAS Accredited with another RMAB. Can I join just to access Mediation Institute Membership benefits?
If you are a dispute resolution professional yes you can. If you have another dispute resolution qualification you can join as that type of membership or as a NMAS Mediator not accredited with Mediation Institute. Membership Plans that are available are:
- Renewal FDR Practitioner Membership – if you are an accredited Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner
- Family Group Conference Facilitator Membership – if you are a certified Family Group Conference Facilitator
- Non-Mi Accredited NMAS Mediator Membership – if you are a NMAS Mediator but not with Mediation Institute.