This member category is for Family Group Conference Facilitators
Application Form for Family Group Conference Facilitator Members – Mi Practitioner Member Application 2019
See Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner Membership if you are also an accredited Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner
This membership category does not include NMAS Mediator Accreditation through Mediation Institute. Please use the one of the NMAS Applications if you would like to also apply for NMAS Accreditation through Mediation Institute.
This practitioner membership type is for people who are not NMAS Accredited through Mediation Institute.
Eligibility criteria apply.
To be eligible for this membership type you must have completed the following requirements:
- Evidence of having been certified as competent in a Family Group Conference Facilitator Certificate Course. Not more than 12 months ago or evidence (letter from employer) of professional practice as a Family Group Conference Facilitator
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Completion of declarations on the application form
Membership Application Form
In Addition to the payment we require a completed Membership Application Form – Please Download the form here. Mediation-Institute Practitioner Membership Not-including-NMAS v7.19
Member Benefits Include
- Complaint Handling: Membership includes access to our external complaints service that can address complaints made against you in the role of Family Group Conference Facilitator. You are not required to use our complaint handling service if you are covered by your employer or another association.
- Professional Development: Free and member rates Professional Development opportunities.
- Professional Community: Networking opportunities with other dispute resolution professionals
- Professional Profile: Opportunities to develop and share a professional profile as a dispute resolution professional and be listed on the Mediation Institute Members Map.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I am not certified?
There is not a standards association for Family Group Conference Facilitators so if you have been informally trained and not able to provide evidence of training you can provide evidence of competence by providing a letter from your employer indicating that you provide Family Group Conference Facilitation for them.
We base the membership on the belief that if they are willing to pay you to provide the services then you must be working at an appropriate level.
You may also be interested in completing our certification course Family Group Conferencing Training
I am not qualified but am interested. Can I still join?
Mediation Institute has an associate membership category for people who are interested in appropriate dispute resolution (ADR) but are not a practitioner. Associate Membership
I have other dispute resolution qualifications. Do I need to pay for 2 memberships?
No. You can apply for multiple membership categories without any additional fee. You will need to supply the relevant evidence of qualifications or in some cases there is an experienced qualified pathway in unregulated work areas.
Other membership categories are:
- Accredited Mediator NMAS
- Family Group Conference Facilitator Membership
- Child Inclusive Practitioner Membership
- Certified Coach Membership
- Transformative Relationship Mediator Membership
- Child Contact Supervisor Membership