This membership category is for people who are applying for Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner accreditation for the first time or for already registered Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners.
It does not include NMAS Mediator Accreditation through Mediation Institute. Please use the one of the NMAS Applications if you would like to apply for NMAS Accreditation through Mediation Institute.
This practitioner membership type is for people who are not NMAS Accredited through Mediation Institute.
Eligibility criteria apply
To be eligible for this membership type you must have completed the following member requirements:
- evidence that you have completed training in Family Dispute Resolution (for people who need membership and complaint handling to enable you to apply to the Attorney Generals Department for Accreditation)
- your registration number as a FDRP
Membership Application Form
In Addition to the payment we require a completed Membership Application Form – Please Download the form here. Mediation-Institute Practitioner Membership Not-including-NMAS v7.19
Member Benefits Include
- Complaint Handling: Membership includes access to our external complaints service that can address complaints made against you in the role of FDR Practitioner. You are not required to use our complaint handling service if you are covered by your employer or another association.
- Professional Development: Free and member rates Professional Development opportunities.
- Professional Community: Networking opportunities with other dispute resolution professionals
- Professional Profile: Opportunities to develop and share a professional profile as a dispute resolution professional and be listed on the Mediation Institute Members Map.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I join if I am not accredited yet?
Yes. Membership of a professional association who can provide you with an independent complaint handling service is a requirement for you to be able to accredit as a Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner.
The process is:
- Join Mediation Institute and provide your Certificate of Membership along with your other documentation to the Attorney Generals Department
- When you are provided with your Registration Number by the Attorney Generals Department let Mediation Institute know so that we can update your membership.
Can I join if I am interested but not accredited or eligible for accreditation.
Mediation Institute has an associate membership category for people who are interested in appropriate dispute resolution (ADR) but are not a practitioner. Associate Membership
I have other dispute resolution qualifications. Do I need to pay for 2 memberships?
No. You can apply for multiple membership categories without any additional fee. You will need to supply the relevant evidence of qualifications or in some cases there is an experienced qualified pathway in unregulated work areas.
Other membership categories are:
- Family Group Conference Facilitator Membership
- Child Inclusive Practitioner Membership
- Certified Coach Membership
- Transformative Relationship Mediator Membership
- Child Contact Supervisor Membership