The Mediation Institute FDR Refresher Course is for registered Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners.
It provides professional development and upskilling. The course contains at least sixteen (16) hours of participation in live video mediation as well as access to the full refresher training in Parenting and Property Family Dispute Resolution.
The course takes between 25 and 50 hours to complete.
You will be required to participate in role-plays as a mediator and be assessed in order to receive a Certificate of Competence or alternatively submit evidence of competence from the workplace.
If you don’t require a Certificate of Competence once you have completed 25 hours including all mandatory knowledge quizzes you can request a Certificate of Completion for the professional development.
What is included in the course?
- self-paced online learning to the same standard as our CHC81115 – Graduate Diploma of Family Dispute Resolution course. PLEASE NOTE: this is a refresher course for qualified FDRP’s and is for people who are already registered. If you have not met the training requirements for accreditation please review our CHC81115 – Graduate Diploma of Family Dispute Resolution Course or our Core Units FDR Course
- as many video role-plays as a role player as you would like. These are done in conjunction with students from our CHC81115 – Graduate Diploma of Family Dispute Resolution Course or our Core Units FDR Course and our FDR Property Certificate Course
- four role-plays as a mediator. This is usually pre-mediation, parenting, property and another scenario of your choice e.g. video shuttle, child inclusive or lawyer inclusive.
- Access to use MODRON software for case management and FamilyProperty software for property FDR Roleplays
- Six months student access to Mi Members and course tools, resources, webinars, presentations and mentoring for your professional practice if you are not already a Mediation Institute Member.
- Bonus Online Meeting Facilitation Course (normally $330)