The Mediation Institute FDR Refresher Course is a refresher course for people who have met the requirements to be registered as a Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner but have suspended their registration for a period of time or for other reasons want to refresh their skills.
The course provides you with knowledge and skills development in:
- pre-mediation preparation
- parenting Family Dispute Resolution
- property Family Dispute Resolution
- documenting agreements reached in FDR
The course takes between 25 and 50 hours to complete depending on the number of role plays you would like to participate in.
You can achieve a Certificate of Completion by completing all of the writen tasks in the course if you are completing it for professional development.
You can achieve a Certificate of Currency by demonstrating competence in each of the skills assessment activities.
What is included in the course?
- self-paced online learning to the same standard as our CHC81115 – Graduate Diploma of Family Dispute Resolution course.
PLEASE NOTE: this is a refresher course for qualified FDRP’s and is for people who are already registered. If you have not met the training requirements for accreditation please review our CHC81115 – Graduate Diploma of Family Dispute Resolution Course or our Core Units FDR Course
- as many video role-plays as a role player as you would like. These are done in conjunction with students from our CHC81115 – Graduate Diploma of Family Dispute Resolution Course or our Core Units FDR Course and our FDR Property Certificate Course
- four role-plays as a mediator. This is usually pre-mediation, parenting, property and another scenario of your choice
- Access to FamilyProperty software for role plays if desired
- Student access to Mi Members and course tools, resources, webinars, presentations and mentoring for your professional practice if you are not already a Mediation Institute Member.