Conflict Management for One ( CM-1 ) training will give you the skills and knowledge to provide this innovative service developed by John Cleary. CM-1 provides additional support to clients who are either not ready for mediation, who are unable to participate in mediation due to refusal by the other party or who are not satisfied with the outcome of their mediation.
Who is this training course for?
The Conflict Management for One Training course has a pre-requisite that requires you to be a qualified mediator either an NMAS Accredited Mediator or a Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner.
If you are not yet a professional mediator we recommend you undertake either the NMAS or FDR course first as this is an advanced level course building on basic mediation skills.
- NMAS Mediator Training and Assessment
- CHC81115 – Graduate Diploma of Family Dispute Resolution course.
Conflict Management for One Course Overview
The course modules are:
- Module One – Introduction and Overview of the CM-1 Process
- Module Two – The CM-1 Model and you including nine detailed case studies
- Module Three – The Coaching Methodology and 4 Conflict Theories
- Module Four – Practical Session – a chance to put the learning into practice via role play
- Module Five – Reflective Practice – coordination and guidance for ongoing reflective practice group sessions
- Appendices – The Client Agenda Proforma, Referral Document Proforma, Role Play Scenarios based on the case studies, Visual Communication Templates
The process has a structure however is very focused on the needs of the client and relies on the skills of the mediator to help them achieve insights and develop a plan moving forward. The course is recommended for experienced mediators.
The training includes:
- online learning which teaches you the Conflict Management for One process
- group live online sessions to practice the CM-1 process with other learners
- monthly live online supervision, discussion and practice sessions with other certified CM-1 students and graduates (participation for free for six months)
- certification as a CM-1 Facilitator
The course is approximately 20 hours including attendance at the live mentoring and group supervision sessions over six months from your enrolment in the course.
Mediation Institute members receive a 15% Member Discount. Please contact the office if you do not have the discount code. Contact Us
There are no reviews yet.