National Mediation Conference September 2023 #NMC2023
See you in New Zealand!
Full Registration Includes:
National Mediation Conference 2023 (NMC Conference 2023) will take place on the 3 – 6 September 2023
The theme for this year is:
“Connecting, Disrupting, Courageous Conversations”
The conference will be held outside Australia for the first time in Wellington, New Zealand (Te Whanganui-a-Tara, Aotearoa)
NMC2023 provides an opportunity for future leaders, existing practitioners, scholars and leaders to share knowledge, skills and ideas, and the program for the event is designed to showcase mediation, restorative justice and other conflict resolution approaches through a variety of presentations, discussions, workshops, and other extended activities.
The conference program will maximise contact among delegates, between delegates and presenters, and between delegates and our conference partners.
The conference will include events that appeal to newcomers to the DR sector, as well as to those with extensive DR knowledge and experience.
We’ll update with program information once it become available.
The Conference Design Committee invites submissions of proposals for presentation at NMC2023 in Wellington September 3-6, 2023.
The conference streams are:
- First Nations approaches to conflict, dispute management and decision-making processes
- Workplace and employment
- Commercial dispute resolution
- Community-focused mediation, and other community-focused processes
- Conciliation, including public and private advisory processes, and statutory programs
- Court-connected DR, mediation & restorative services including services associated with courts and tribunals
- Dispute System Design, online mediation, restorative, DR, and technological innovations
- Family mediation, restorative approaches and dispute resolution, including FDR and FGC
- Peace-building, transitional justice, reconciliation, and civil society
- Research, training, and education: building a rigorous evidence base for mediation, restorative & DR
- Restorative justice, restorative practice and innovative approaches to conflict
- Mediation, restorative & DR theory, history, ethics
The Conference Committee is fully conscious of the contributions made by intercultural and multicultural considerations to the enrichment of all DR sectors.
The program page on the conference website is located – Programme – NMC2023 (confer.co.nz)