Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner - Melbourne CBD
- Permanent, full-time opportunity
- Base salary $85k-$88kpa, plus superannuation and tax-free benefits
- Ideal location in Melbourne CBD, with easy access to all public transport
Relationships Australia Victoria (RAV) is a valued provider of specialist family and relationship services. Our vision is for positive, safe and respectful relationships for couples, families, schools, workplaces and communities. Our objective is to relieve suffering, distress and helplessness and to enhance physical, social and emotional wellbeing.
Our services and programs, which are provided from 16 centres across Victoria, include counselling, family dispute resolution, relationship education, family violence services, mental health services, senior relationship services and professional training.
As a community-based, not-for-profit organisation with no religious affiliations, our services are for all members of the community, regardless of religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, lifestyle choice, cultural background or economic circumstances.
About the role:
Reporting to the Centre Manager Melbourne, you will be responsible for providing Family Dispute Resolution (FDR) to families by assisting to resolve issues in dispute such as parenting arrangements. The role is responsible for undertaking assessments, FDR, group work (as required) and for providing information, support and referral to match presenting needs to services and programs.
Skills, experience and qualifications:
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Sciences, Psychology, Social Work or Law,
- Successful completion of the Vocational Graduate Diploma in Dispute Resolution,
- Registration as an FDRP under the Accreditation Rules or on the Register of FDRP maintained by the Attorney-General’s Department or eligible to be registered immediately,
- Experience or training in property or a willingness to undertake training, and,
- Demonstrated previous experience as a family dispute resolution practitioner (advantageous)
The position is a permanent, full-time opportunity and the successful candidate can expect to commence in early May 2019.
This position is based at our Melbourne Family Relationships Centre, conveniently located on Collins Street, Melbourne CBD. The Melbourne centre is open 9am-5pm business days, except Tuesday and Thursday and when the centre is open 9am-8pm. For this position, the successful candidate will be required to work a Tuesday evening shift on a weekly basis.
What we offer: You will receive a competitive remuneration package (salary range $85,922k-$88,345kpa) plus superannuation and salary packaging. RAV is an ‘Employer of Choice’ in the community sector and provides ongoing professional development training, flexible leave, paid maternity leave as well as other work and life balance benefits to our staff.
To view the position description and apply, go to www.rav.org.au/careers. Please attach your resume/CV and a cover letter addressing the skills, experience and qualifications detailed in the bullet points above.
RAV is a Public Benevolent Institution and Equal Employment Opportunity employer. RAV requires a satisfactory National Police and Working with Children Check. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.