A recent blog post from Natalie Armstrong-Motin reminds us that it doesn’t matter how good your product of service is if people don’t know about it you’ll fail. https://howtomarketmymediationpractice.com/2018/08/14/wonder/
Running a successful business requires skills such as the ability to market and sell your services. Without those skills you will not prosper.
Marketing doesn’t necessarily mean paying for advertising or behaving in a way that is uncomfortable for you. There are many ways to market your services but you do have to pick some of them and do something. Just having a great service isn’t going to be enough.
Come along to our Practice Development Mastermind webinar tonight. Book in on Eventbright. It’s free for any Australian dispute resolution professional https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/mediation-practice-development-mastermind-registration-42831486128
Mediation Institute has exciting news about our newest area of training and membership support.
We have partnered with one of the most experienced Family Group Conference Facilitators and Trainers in Australia, Eve Clare. This brings together our expertise in flexible online learning and Eve’s subject matter expertise to create a course that is flexible, minimises the time that is required at workshops without losing that essential element.
Family Group Conference Facilitator Training
If you work in community services or dispute resolution but have not done the Family Group Conference Facilitator training yet now is your opportunity. Find out more about the course.
The course is blended learning making use of Mediation Institute’s award winning eLearning methodologies plus a two day workshop. We will be offering three public workshops in 2018 as well as the option for hosted workshops.
To host a workshop we need a minimum of ten (10) people. If you would prefer to host than to pay for staff to travel consider whether there are other individuals and organisations in your area who may like to attend your hosted workshop to make up the numbers. We provide a rebate of $150 per guest who attends your hosted workshop to cover catering and incidental costs and recognise your support for the industry.
Family Group Conference Facilitator Membership Support
The second part of our launch is to provide membership support for Family Group Conference Facilitators.
For several years Mediation Institute has been a recognised mediator accreditation body (RMAB) and providing membership support and complaint handling services for Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners throughout Australia.
Our approach is to keep costs low and focus on both the professional practice (the work) and building a professional practice (getting work) as many of our members provide some or all of their services as independent professionals.
This membership includes:
- independent complaint handling service should there be the need to escalate a client complaint
- referral to an insurance underwriter for professional indemnity insurance at $200 plus state tax (between $220 and $245 for a basic policy)
- professional development and peer group supervision support specific to FGC and the ability to participate in any other Mediation Institute Professional Development at no cost
- ethical standards and a certificate of membership proving that you are a certified Family Group Conference Facilitator
The NSW Tender
The NSW Department of Family and Community Services (FACS) has a current tender open for Family Group Conference Facilitators (Closing 3rd August 2018 at 2.00 pm) Link to Tender
There are changes occurring in Queensland as well which will promote the use of FGC and we expect that child protection services and others around the country will continue and expand their use of this approach to help families protect their young ones.
If you have already trained and are busy getting your tender application ready. There is a few things that could help your tender become successful.
- You must have skills and experience in Family Group Conferencing for a successful application. We can help with developing the skills and qualifications of your staff. If you want more staff to be trained then please go ahead and register them now for the Family Group Conferencing training. The online component commences in August and you can put this on the application that these staff members are enrolled in the training through Mediation Institute.
- You can be a Corporate Member of Mediation Institute for Family Group Conferencing. This will also support your application. PleaseMi FGC Member v7.18 This will be a great support for any staff or facilitators who want to have ongoing education and group supervision sessions for a low membership fee.
Contact Us if you have any questions about the training or membership. Please forward this post on to anyone you know who may be interested in this training or who is already a Certified Family Group Conference Facilitator and may be interested in membership based support.