This course teaches you the knowledge you need to facilitate discussions in the workplace or other environment when you want to mediate between two or more people but you are not an impartial third party.
The course includes:
- an understanding of the Facilitated Discussion process and Workplace Mediation
- complaint and dispute resolution in the workplace
- compliance with workplace legislation, policies and procedures
- the nature of conflict and communication
- ethical practice, NMAS accreditation system and workplace dispute resolution
- the dispute resolution process
- effective interpersonal communication skills
- participation in as many role-plays of the facilitative mediation process as you want in live online role play with other students on this course and the faciliative discussion course.
- participation in two mentored role-plays as the facilitator in scenarios appropriate for your workplace.
Who this course is for:
- HR Managers in any type of organisation
- Line Managers
- Team Leaders
- Health Safety and Environment (HSE) Managers
- Other specialist managers in the workplace
- Team members who express an interest in dispute resolution
- Wellbeing Coordinators in Schools
- Patient Care Coordinators in hospitals and nursing homes
When does the course start?
- the course has ongoing enrolment and is self-paced
- it should take approximately 20 hours to complete the theory
- minimum of 8 hours of live role plays however you can participate in more
Does the course result in NMAS Accreditation?
No. It contains the theory required for NMAS Accreditation and two relevant practice role plays but you will also need to do the Facilitated Discussion Upgrade – NMAS Skills Program
Is this a qualification?
Not yet. There is no recognised qualification for Facilitated Discussion on the Australian Qualification Framework. You will receive a Mediation Institute issued certificate indicating the course content and your result for use as professional development.
Video Meeting Facilitation Course – Normally $330 per person. https://www.mediationinstitute.edu.au/video-meeting-faciliator-training/