NMAS Mediator and Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner
More about Janet Barnes
I have been a mediator for 20 years and I’m an Australian Lawyer (not currently practising). I have mediated disputes in employment law, parenting, family property and wills and estates.
I worked as a Training Manager at the Queensland Government Attorney General’s Department for seven years and I’ve been a coach and trainer in mediation and family dispute resolution for various institutions for 14 years.
I was on the panel of mediators for Legal Aid Queensland for 10 years and I continue to work as a sessional trainer and supervisor with the Bond University, The College of Law and the Queensland University of Technology.
My goal is to assist clients to resolve their conflicts in a way which is long lasting, cost effective and whilst preserving important relationships.
Got a question?
Use the form below to send an email to this member.
Contact and Location
Service Delivery Areas:
Brisbane and regional parts of Queensland – the Wide Bay, South Eastern Queensland and the Southern Downs area.
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours) QIT
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice QIT
- Queensland Law Society Accredited Specialist in Mediation Law
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Nationally Accredited Mediator
- Admitted as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland and High Court of Australia
- Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner
- Graduate Certificate in Dispute Resolution Griffith University
Socials and Web
Update on Mediation Institute membership for this month and looking forward to next month.