Clare Carnell is a NMAS Mediator located in Canberra, Australian Capital Territory.
Clare is a barrister, academic and mediator with broad experience and a passion for the law. Clare’s particular areas of strength are in mediation; administrative law, family law; commercial law/contracts and succession. Clare has been lecturing at the Australian National University since 2012.
Got a question?
Use the form below to send an email to this member.
Contact and Location
Service Delivery Areas:
Australian National University
- Bachelor of Laws, LLB (2008)
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice (2009)
- Master of Laws (Legal Practice), LLM (2014)
- NSW Bar Exams, admitted as a Barrister (2010)
- Blackburn Chambers (2010 – 2015)
- 15 Wardell Chambers (2015 -)
- London School of Mediation
Mediation Accreditation (2013-2014) Advanced Mediator (2014)
- Australian Mediation Institute
Nationally Accredited Mediator NMAS (2021)
Other employment & outreach activities
Capital Monitor, Federal Press Gallery, ACT
- Sub-editor; Supervisor, Managing Sub-editor and (Temp) Office Manager (2002 – 2009)
Parliament House Legacy Australia / Australian Institute of Professional Intelligence Officers (AIPIO)
- National Security Conference 2009, Chair, International Panel on White Collar Crime: “The Enemy Within”.
Civil Liberties Australia (CLA)
- Member and contributor (2005 – 2009)
- Media Spokesperson (2006 – 2008)
- Author, Submission to ACT Government on proposed legislation: Consenting to Medical Treatment (2007)\
Australian Security Medals Foundation (ASMF)
- Founding Board Member, Education & Scholarship Convenor, Legal Advisor (2009 – 2016) – see www.asmf.net
Society of St Vincent de Paul
- Instigated and co-managed a fundraising regime to sustain St Vincent de Paul’s Canberra youth program (2005 – 2010)