Flipping the Script for High Conflict Clients, Customers and Staff is a workshop designed to help participants to deal with difficult, high conflict clients, customers and staff. Learn more effective ways to manage the situations they create and with less stress for you.
We all know how much wasted time, diverted attention and frustration that triggered High Conflict clients, customers and staff create in the workplace. Megan Hunter from the High Conflict Institute knows how to defuse these situations and prevent the escalation that generally ends badly if allowed to continue.
This workshop will help you to recognise their patterns or “scripts” and lean how to help them to limit their behaviour and switch to problem solving instead.
About the workshop
The workshop will help you to deal with challenging, high conflict clients, customers and staff is a more constructive way flipping their script to help them to manage their emotions, moderate their behaviour, be more flexible in their thinking and stop blaming you for their behaviour! A must for anyone who works with the public or with other people on a regular basis.
The workshop is presented by Megan Hunter from the High Conflict Institute in the United States.
- 12:00 – 1:00 pm – we’ll start the session with lunch and a chance to meet and network with the other participants.
- 1:00 4:00 pm – the workshop includes content on how to recognise the High Conflict Operating System (TM) and what to do to help divert escalation of behaviour before it is too late. You will not only learn about what the problem in. This practical workshop will give you proven tools that you can use to prevent or deal with their difficult behaviours.
The course includes lectures, video and practice exercises to help you to fully absorb the paradigm shifts of these high-conflict methods.
- how to get ‘unhooked’ and to calm the difficult person before shifting them into a problem solving space and less emotional reactivity.
- the CARS Method to effectively handle high conflict personalities
- techniques including EAR Statements and the BIFF Response developed by the High Conflict Institute
- guiding problem solving under stress
- setting limits on high conflict behaviour
Certificate of Attendance
The workshop comes with a certificate of attendance issued by Mediation Institute in Practical Strategies for dealing with high conflict people which provides 4 hours of Professional Development under a variety of professional development system requirements including for NMAS Accredited Mediators and Accredited Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners.
About the Presenter
Megan Hunter, MBA, is an expert educator in the area of high-conflict legal disputes and high-conflict relationships. She is CEO and co-founder of the High Conflict Institute with Bill Eddy, LCSW, Esq. who developed the high conflict personality theory. She is also the founder and publisher at Unhooked Media, a media company focused on high-conflict disputes and complicated relationships.
Can’t make it to Melbourne?
By popular demand we have arranged with the High Conflict Institute permission to live cast the training via Zoom.
Save 30% off the ticket price and join us between 1 pm and 4 pm via video meeting (only available to those who can’t make it to Melbourne for the workshop) https://www.mediationinstitute.edu.au/product/flipping-the-script-for-high-conflict-clients-customers-and-staff-via-web-meeting/
$206.50 for non-members and $185.85 for members (ask for an invoice if you don’t remember how to log in)
Want to bring a group?
Additional 10% discount for groups of three or more people. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for an invoice. Include names and emails for each participant in your group invoice request.