Our Renewal FDR Practitioner Membership plan is for people who are accredited Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners who are renewing their Membership with Mediation Institute.
Please see our Renewal NMAS Mediator Accreditation Membership if you also a NMAS Mediator accredited with Mediation Institute.
This practitioner membership type is for people who are not NMAS Accredited through Mediation Institute.
Eligibility criteria apply.
To be eligible for this membership type you must have completed the following renewal requirements:
- met the good character requirements
- completed 24 hours of Family Dispute Resolution in the preceding 2 years
- completed 24 hours of Professional Development in the preceding 2 years
- maintain professional indemnity insurance or statutory immunity
Member Benefits Include
- Complaint Handling: Membership includes access to our external complaints service that can address complaints made against you in the role of FDR Practitioner. You are not required to use our complaint handling service if you are covered by your employer or another association.
- Professional Development: Free and member rates Professional Development opportunities.
- Professional Community: Networking opportunities with other dispute resolution professionals
- Professional Profile: Opportunities to develop and share a professional profile as a dispute resolution professional and be listed on the Mediation Institute Members Map.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I apply for less than 2 years membership?
Yes. If your NMAS Mediator accreditation and FDR Practitioner Membership are not in sync we are happy to pro-rata this membership so that it comes due for renewal at the same time as your NMAS Mediator Membership.