The Mediation Institute NMAS Mediator Refresher Course is for NMAS Accredited mediators who have completed some mediation in the past 2 year accreditation cycle (more than 10 hours) but have not completed the required 25 hours of mediation or conciliation facilitation.
You are only eligible for re-accreditation if you have completed more than 25 hours of mediation in the preceding two years. This Refresher Course with re-assessment allows you to brush up, demonstrate your theoretical and practical competence as a mediator. After a re-assessment role play you will be eligible for re-accreditation.
NMAS Mediator Refresher Course Overview
You will be enrolled in an abridged form of the Mi NMAS Accreditation Course with the opportunity to review the course material and to complete the following activities:
- NMAS Quiz to ensure that you know your obligations as a NMAS Accredited Mediator
- Conflict vrs Abusive Control Discussion
- Pre-Mediation Quiz
- Mediation Process Quiz
- Ethical Practice Discussion
- Ethically Marketing and Selling Mediation Services Q&A
You will have the opportunity to participate in two or more role plays as a role player prior to a NMAS Re-accreditation Assessment
- Role Play 1 – Role Player – Video Mediation Role Play
- Role Play 2 – Role Player – Video Mediation Role Play
- Role Play 3 – Mediator – Video Mediation Re-assessment Role Play