New NMAS Mediator Membership with NMAS accreditation is for people who want to apply for a new NMAS Mediator Accreditation through Mediation Institute. It may also include Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner Membership and Family Group Conference Facilitator Membership if you are eligible.
Eligibility criteria apply.
To be eligible for this membership type you must have completed the following NMAS accrediation requirements:
- Evidence of having been certified as competent by an RMAB or other recognised training / assessment provider. Not more than 6 months ago.
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Two letters from referees who state that you are of good character
- Completion of declarations on the application form
Member Benefits Include
- NMAS Mediator Accreditation: this membership category is for you if you want Mediation Institute to be your Recognised Mediator Accreditation Body (RMAB)
- Complaint Handling: Membership includes access to our external complaints service that can address complaints made against you in the role of FDR Practitioner. You are not required to use our complaint handling service if you are covered by your employer or another association.
- Professional Development: Free and member rates Professional Development opportunities.
- Professional Community: Networking opportunities with other dispute resolution professionals
- Professional Profile: Opportunities to develop and share a professional profile as a dispute resolution professional and be listed on the Mediation Institute Members Map.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I completed my assessment more than 6 months ago?
If you have not applied for accreditation and more than 6 months has passed we are required to re-assess you before we are able to accredit you under the NMAS Rules.
If more than 2 years have passed since you completed the training and assessment you may require re-training and then assessment.
- NMAS Mediator Course (if it is more than 2 years since you completed training in mediation and you have not applied for accreditation)
- NMAS Refresher Course (if you have done less than 10 hours of mediation in the past 2 years)
- NMAS Mediator Gap Training Course (if you have done between 10 and 25 hours of mediation in the past 2 years)
- NMAS Mediator Accreditation Assessment (if you are confident that you can pass the re-assessment without further practice and have met the professional development requirements)
I am already NMAS Accredited with another RMAB. Can I join just to access Mediation Institute Membership benefits?
If you are a dispute resolution professional yes you can. If you have another dispute resolution qualification you can join as that type of membership or as a NMAS Mediator not accredited with Mediation Institute. Membership Plans that are available are: