The Negotiation Skills Online Course is designed to help build your understanding of Negotiation.
Course Duration: Self-paced average duration 10 hours.
Delivery Model: Self-Paced Online Learning
Modules: Twelve Modules
- Getting Started
- Understanding Negotiation including the three phases of negotiation and skills for successful negotiation
- Getting Prepared including establishing your WATNA and BATNA, Identifying your WAP and ZOPA and personal preparation
- Laying the Groundwork including setting the time and place, establishing common ground and the negotiation framework and the negotiation process
- Phase One – Exchanging Information including getting off on the right foot, working out what to share and what to keep to yourself.
- Phase Two – Bargaining including what to expect, techniques to try and how to break an impasse
- About Mutual Gain including three ways to see your options, creating a mutual gain situation, working out what you want, what they want and what we want.
- Phase Three – Agreement / Closing including reaching consensus, building agreement and settling the terms of the agreement.
- Dealing with Difficult Issues including being prepared for environmental issues, dealing with personal attacks, controlling your emotions and deciding when it is time to walk away
- Negotiating Outside the boardroom including adapting the process to smaller negotiations, negotiating by telephone or video meeting and negotiating by email
- Negotiating on Behalf of Someone else including choosing the negotiating team, covering all the bases and dealing with tough questions.
- Wrapping Up
Ten self-marking quizzes determine your comprehension and provide evidence to allow for your Certificate of Completion to be issued.