This course teaches the skills required to confidently provide legal information about the family law system in the context of a consultation with people who are seeking accurate and customised information about the family law system and help to develop goals and goal plans.
Who is the course for?
This course is for accredited Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners who want to refresh and strengthen their skills and knowledge in the family law system or those who are interested in training to become a Family Dispute Resolution practitioner one unit at a time.
If you are looking for the full course to become an accredited Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner please see our CHC81115 – Graduate Diploma of Family Dispute Resolution course.
The course learning objectives are:
- Help clients to determine their family law requirements
- Respond to clients situation with accurate information (but not legal advice)
- Identify and establish effective working relationships with others within the family law system
- Assist clients to develop their family law goals
- Assist clients to develop family law goal plans.
- Demonstrate competence.
The course is very practical and focused on helping you to develop and strengthen your knowledge of the family law system and your ability to tailor information to help clients to make informed decisions about their family law plan.
- Online learning for the theory
- Live mentored video role plays for Family Law Option Consultations
The course is approximately a 75 hour course including the self-paced online learning and a minimum of four role plays ( 8 hours) of simulated Family Law Options consultations.
This course will commence on the 1st June 2019 and thereafter will be self-paced with ongoing enrollments.