Mediation Institute Membership Update: October 2021
Mediation Institute is very much focused on helping our members to be making a difference in Australia through your dispute resolution services.
Jobs and Contracts
We monitor and share employment opportunities for or related to mediation including contract roles, part time positions and full time jobs that may require or highly regard NMAS qualifications. If you are looking for more work or the stability of a contract or permanent part time job make sure you are getting emails from our Learning Management System so you get the job updates.
All Members have access to https://mi.study247.online/ and you will find the job ads in the State or Territory Groups sorted by location and month they were advertised.
Practice Development Mastermind and Resources
Those of you who want the flexibility and higher pay of working as an independent dispute resolution practitioner likely realise that means setting up or expanding your own professional services business. Our Practice Development Mastermind is a monthly opportunity to get together with your peers and discuss all things practice development. Resources and guides are available in the Private Practice Mediators Group in our learning management system. https://mi.study247.online/groups/40/wiki
International Mediation Awareness Week
Remember that the Mi Members and Students course area has all sorts of resources available for you for free. Mi Members & Students (study247.online)
Welcome to our new and renewing members.
Click on the member’s name to visit their profile.
Suyheang Kry – NMAS Mediator – Cambodia | Sarah Hinchliffe – NMAS Mediator – VIC | Anita King – NMAS Mediator – SA | Kerri Pietens – FDR Practitioner – WA| Ana Walker – NMAS Mediator and FDR Practitioner – QLD |Janis Bull – NMAS Mediator and FDR Practitioner – VIC | Andrew Foy-Brown – NMAS Mediator and FDR Practitioner – NSW | Sina Hashemi Fesharaky – FDR Practitioner – VIC | Margo Orbell – NMAS Mediator and FDR Practitioner – QLD | Jacqueline ‘Jacqui’ Orwell – FDR Practitioner, NMAS Mediator and FGC – NSW | Eve Clare – NMAS Mediator, FDR Practitioner and FGC Facilitator – QLD | Mark Shumsky – NMAS Mediator – NSW | Gabrielle ‘Elle’ Boyd – NMAS Mediator – VIC | Nicole Koelewijn – NMAS Mediator – WA | Kerime Danis – NMAS Mediator – NSW | David Hennessy – NMAS Mediator – VIC | Cynthia Brooking – NMAS Mediator, FDR Practitioner and FGC Facilitator – QLD | Troy Constance – NMAS Mediator – NSW | William Francis – NMAS Mediator – QLD || Jacqui Joseph – NMAS Mediator – NSW | Jennifer ‘Jenny’ West – NMAS Mediator – TAS | Ngadhi Family Services – FGC Facilitator – NSW | Madalanne Taylor – FGC Facilitator – NSW | Merv Taylor – FGC Facilitator – NSW | Chandrika D’Mello – NMAS – WA | Megan Morris – FDR Practitioner – QLD | Bonnie Douglas – FDR Practititoner – NSW | Antonia Fontana – NMAS Mediator – VIC | Riaz Ahamad – NMAS Mediator – WA | Sherry Wilson – NMAS Mediator – NSW | Salwa Albaz – FDR Practitioner and NMAS Mediator – NSW | Bonny Wallace – FDR Practitioner – QLD | Deepa Jayachandran – NMAS Meditator and FDR Practitioner – NSW
Directory Pages for our main member categories
- Find a NMAS Mediator https://www.mediationinstitute.edu.au/mi-members/find-a-nmas-mediator/
- Find a FDRP Member https://www.mediationinstitute.edu.au/mi-members/find-a-fdrp-member/
- Find a FGC Member https://www.mediationinstitute.edu.au/mi-members/find-a-fgc-member/
Free Professional Development
Regular and Special Events
- FGC- Training Online Workshop – October 7th, 14th and 15th. FGC Training Workshop
- Preparing for NMAS Assessment – 1st Tuesday 5th and 2nd Wednesday 6th of each month Mi NMAS Assessment Expectations, Hosted online, Running between June and December 2021 | Humanitix
- Mi Peer Group Supervision – every second Tuesday evening – 12th and 26th. This is an opportunity for members to come together to discuss cases, books, ideas and resources they are using to support their professional practice. Mi Peer Group Supervision – Mediation Institute
- Q&A and Open Mike for Mediators – Tuesday – 12th, 19th and 26th. This is an opportunity for mentoring, questions and connection with Ken and whoever else from the Mi team can come along. https://events.humanitix.com/mi-mediators-q-and-a-and-open-mike
- Family Dispute Resolution Tutorial – Wednesday – 6th, 13th, 20th and 27th. https://events.humanitix.com/fdr-tutorial
- Practice Development Mastermind– Monday 25th. Register here
Links to register to these and other events are available on the Mi Events Calendar. https://www.mediationinstitute.edu.au/events/
Find out more about our members
This resource How to speak with separating parents about their children’s wellbeing was produced by Emerging Minds to assist professionals without specialist family law training to help them to understand how they can improve protection for children.