Mediation Institute Membership Update: November 2021
I’ve completed my move from Melbourne to my new home in Gippsland and on my first week in my new home had a three day blackout resulting from a major storm reminding me of the joys of regional living!
With no power my town’s phone communication was also cut off so I was unable to host the International Mediation Awareness Week meeting to organise hosts for our speakers and provide an update prior to the week which will be next week. Fortunately the support team of Feeby Fong, Lee Lee and Anna Hanson stepped into the breach based on a text I managed to get out before all phone communication was lost! As they say “It takes team work to make the dream work.”
One of the presentations at the International Mediation Awareness Week is on the Mediators Green Pledge which is a global initiative by mediators to do our bit to contribute to a slowing of global warming. I and Mediation Institute are signatories and doing what we can to reduce our reliance on fossil fuels as one of our initiatives. After our recent experience without power a Tesla battery is the next purchase so we are independent from the electricity grid when it is down.
With the Melbourne Cup unofficial long weekend in Victoria, the merging of Melbourne and the rest of the state so that families and friends can re-connect we are feeling a sense of optimism not felt in Victoria for a while. Hopefully with high vaccination rates the resultant infections and deaths from COVID will soon start to sustainably fall and when those states with closed boarders eventually open up again the impact will be manageable.
As we move into November with the end of the year in sight it will be time to start planning for 2022. We’ll be sending out a survey soon to ask you what you want from us to support you professionally in the coming year. Please take the time to tell us!
International Mediation Awareness Week
Attend the Register the International Mediation Awareness Week Australia
Remember that the Mi Members and Students course area has all sorts of resources available for you for free. Mi Members & Students (study247.online)
Welcome to our new and renewing members.
Click on the member’s name to visit their profile.
Jacqui Joseph – NMAS Mediator – NSW | Jennifer ‘Jenny’ West – NMAS Mediator – TAS | Ngadhi Family Services – FGC Facilitator – NSW | Madalanne Taylor – FGC Facilitator – NSW | Merv Taylor – FGC Facilitator – NSW | Chandrika D’Mello – NMAS – WA | Megan Morris – FDR Practitioner – QLD | Bonnie Douglas – FDR Practititoner – NSW | Antonia Fontana – NMAS Mediator – VIC | Riaz Ahamad – NMAS Mediator – WA | Sherry Wilson – NMAS Mediator – NSW | Salwa Albaz – FDR Practitioner and NMAS Mediator – NSW | Bonny Wallace – FDR Practitioner – QLD | Deepa Jayachandran – NMAS Meditator and FDR Practitioner – NSW || Linda Singh – FGC Facilitator – NSW | Melinda Nutting – NMAS Mediator and FDR Practitioner – VIC | Rose Manousaridis – NMAS Mediator – NSW | Dianne Jolley – FDR Practitioner – NSW | Australian Business Skills College Pty Ltd – Education Dispute Resolution – NSW | Anthony Smith – FDR Practitioner and FGC Facilitator – NSW | Rebecca Evans – NMAS Mediator and FDR Practitioner – ACT
Directory Pages for our main member categories
- Find a NMAS Mediator https://www.mediationinstitute.edu.au/mi-members/find-a-nmas-mediator/
- Find a FDRP Member https://www.mediationinstitute.edu.au/mi-members/find-a-fdrp-member/
- Find a FGC Member https://www.mediationinstitute.edu.au/mi-members/find-a-fgc-member/
Free Professional Development
Regular and Special Events
- FGC- Training Online Workshop – the next training workshop will be in February 2022, book now to reserve your place . FGC Training Workshop
- Preparing for NMAS Assessment – 1st Tuesday, 2nd and 1st Wednesday, 3rd of each month. This is an opportunity for Mi students and those joining us for the NMAS Mediator Accreditation System to participate in an indepth session on the expectations for your assessment. Mi NMAS Assessment Expectations, Hosted online, Running between June and December 2021 | Humanitix
- Mi Peer Group Supervision – every second Tuesday evening – 9th and 23rd. This is an opportunity for members to come together to discuss cases, books, ideas and resources they are using to support their professional practice. Mi Peer Group Supervision – Mediation Institute
- Q&A and Open Mic for Mediators – Tuesday – 9th, 16th, 23rd and 30th. This is an opportunity for mentoring, questions and connection with Ken and whoever else from the Mi team can come along. https://events.humanitix.com/mi-mediators-q-and-a-and-open-mike
- Family Dispute Resolution Tutorial – every Wednesday – 3rd, 10th, 17th and 24th. These are training webinars for Mi students and FDR members. https://events.humanitix.com/fdr-tutorial
- Practice Development Mastermind– Monday 29th. An opportunity to come together and talk about the business of Mediation and Family Dispute Resolution. Register here
Links to register to these and other events are available on the Mi Events Calendar. https://www.mediationinstitute.edu.au/events/
Find out more about our members
Update on Mediation Institute membership for this month and looking forward to next month.
Information about how to re-start your NMAS Mediator Accreditation.