Membership Update – November 2020
Welcome to our new and renewing members over the past two months.
Click on the members name to visit their profile.
Abid Mujala – NMAS Mediator – VIC | Annalise Antoniou – NMAS Mediator – VIC | Judith Flowers – NMAS Mediator – NSW | Lisa Farrugia – NMAS Mediator – VIC | Matthew Karakoulakis – NMAS Mediator- VIC | Jessica Kastoun – NMAS Mediator and FDRP – NSW | Solitare Meerman – NMAS Mediator – VIC | James Kenna – NMAS Mediator – VIC | Lisa Walker – FDRP – VIC | Jo-Anne Cottee – FGC Member – NSW | Seak Manor – FGC Facilitator – NSW | Samantha (Sam) Langran – NMAS Mediator- NSW ||Kylie Charlton – NMAS Mediator and FDRP – QLD | Andrew Wilson – NMAS Mediator – NSW | Kathleen Yeoman – NMAS Mediator – QLD | Daniel Diesendorf – NMAS Mediator – VIC | Kelly Hunt – FGC Facilitator – NSW | Paul Korchok – NMAS Mediator – VIC | Claire Gill – FDRP – WA | Kathy Archer – FDRP – NSW
Professional Development Information
It’s a short month for professional development, the team will be taking a small break from 18th December to mid January 2021.
- Techy Tuesday for Mediators – 1st December, 8th December, 15th December https://www.mediationinstitute.edu.au/event/techy-tuesday-for-mediators/all/
- Family Dispute Resolution Tutorial – 2nd December – Talking about Best interest of the Child and Facilitating discussion of Considerations. 16th December – Final Group Supervision for 2020. https://www.mediationinstitute.edu.au/event/family-dispute-resolution-tutorial-2020-07-29/all/
- Mi Monday Mediation Mentoring -7th December, 14th December https://www.mediationinstitute.edu.au/event/mi-monday-mediation-mentoring/all/
- Mediator Standards Board Update and Q & A – 9th December with Bianca Keys the Chair of the Mediator Standards Board. https://www.mediationinstitute.edu.au/event/mediator-standards-board-update/
- Practice Development and Marketing Mastermind– 15th December https://www.mediationinstitute.edu.au/event/practice-development-and-marketing/2020-10-20/
There are other events from the Family Law Pathways Network and the Australian Institute of Family Studies on our website – check out the Mi Calendar for more information.
New in 2021
In 2021 we will be increasing our range of independent dispute resolution servcies from providing membership based complaint handling for the dispute resolution industry to three new industries.
We will be providing independent complaint handling including mediation, investigation, consulting and education in dispute resolution for the following industries.
- Training and Education in compliance with obligations to local and international students.
- Aged Care in compliance with the Aged Care Act 1997 and other obligations.
- Disability Services in compliance with state and federal obligations.
Why the expansion?
Compliance with legal and ethical obligations is a challenging area of work, often clouded by competing demands.
Failure to comply with obligations and human rights is an issue we have seen during the pandemic, mostly through well-intentioned but misguided or ill informed action taken by staff. In some cases non-compliance has been as a result of reckless disregards of the rights and obligations towards residents, recipients or students.
Mediation Institute is well placed to make a positive difference with our capacity to provide flexible, reasonably priced training, professional independent complaint handling and intervention services through our panel of dispute resolution practitioner members.
Stay tuned for opportunities to upskill to be a specialist in one or more of these dispute resolution specialisations.
Online Peer group Supervision
Free monthly FDR Supervision for Mediation Institute Members and FDR students. Come along and talk about cases and scenarios.
In the practice development mastermind we will review progress in 2020 and look forward to building sustainable professional practices in 2021.