Membership Update: May 2021
Welcome to our new and renewing members over the past two months.
Click on the member’s name to visit their profile.
Clare Carnell – NMAS Mediator – ACT | Rebecca Klimek – NMAS Mediator – WA | Priscilla Spyridis – NMAS Mediator – VIC | Anna Vlassopoulos – NMAS Mediator – VIC | Chantelle Metcalfe – NMAS Mediator – WA | Mi Thian-De Wind – NMAS Mediator – VIC | Erica Edmands – NMAS Mediator – VIC | Sue Adams – NMAS Mediator – QLD | Craig Anderson – NMAS Mediator – Vic | Jade Schultz – NMAS Mediator – VIC |Hayden Armitage – NMAS and FDRP – WA| Tess Nobile – NMAS – VIC| Linda Onyeka – NMAS – VIC | Jennifer Hetherington – FDR Practitioner – QLD || Jai-Leigh Beard – NMAS Mediator – QLD | Belinda Egan – NMAS and FDR Practitioner – VIC | Glenda ‘Gem’ Emmerson – NMAS – QLD | Ajith Perera – FDR Practitioner – ACT | Kerry Puas – FDR Practitioner – ACT | Kamille Dietrich – NMAS Mediator – NSW | Monique Rootes – FGC Facilitator – NSW | Karolien van Ark – NMAS Mediator – WA | Rebecca Clancy – NMAS Mediator – NSW | Kylie Provest – FGC Facilitator – ACT | Lisa Klug – NMAS Mediator – VIC | Fiona Mather – FDR Practitioner – NSW |
Directory Pages for our main member categories
- Find a NMAS Mediator https://www.mediationinstitute.edu.au/mi-members/find-a-nmas-mediator/
- Find a FDRP Member https://www.mediationinstitute.edu.au/mi-members/find-a-fdrp-member/
- Find a FGC Member https://www.mediationinstitute.edu.au/mi-members/find-a-fgc-member/
Professional Development Information
We’re into the May already!
Member Webinar 18th May 2021 – Christopher Erskine with an Introduction to Court Related Litigation Mediation – Bookings Essential
Guest Webinar 25th May 2021 –
- Q&A and Open Mike for Mediators – every Tuesday – 4th, 11th, 18th and 25th. This is an opportunity for mentoring, questions and connection with Ken and whoever else from the Mi team can come along. https://events.humanitix.com/mi-mediators-q-and-a-and-open-mike
- Family Dispute Resolution Tutorial – every Wednesday – 5th, 12th, 19th and 26th. https://events.humanitix.com/fdr-tutorial
- Practice Development Mastermind- Monday 31st. Practice Development Mastermind – Mediation Institute
Other events may be advertised on the Events Calendar.
MSB Frequently Asked Questions
The Mediator Standards Board (MSB) has a helpful list of frequently asked questions that may be helpful to refer to from time to time if you are a NMAS Mediator. If you are a FDRP or a lapsed NMAS Mediator it also explains what to do to become accredited or accredited again.
Experience Qualified Pathway
If you are working as an FDRP or for a tribunal as an unaccredited mediator but would like to become NMAS Accredited there are alternative pathways that avoided the need for full training and assessment.
The NMAS Refresher Course or just an assessment is an option if you meet the experience qualified pathway requirements. NMAS Mediator Refresher Course (mediationinstitute.edu.au)
Our most recent members
Mediation Institute is excited to welcome our first international scholarship student, Ms Suyheang Kry from Womens Peacemakers from Cambodia.