Membership Update – December 2020
Welcome to our new and renewing members over the past two months.
Click on the members name to visit their profile.
Kylie Charlton – NMAS Mediator and FDRP – QLD | Andrew Wilson – NMAS Mediator – NSW | Kathleen Yeoman – NMAS Mediator – QLD | Daniel Diesendorf – NMAS Mediator – VIC | Kelly Hunt – FGC Facilitator – NSW | Paul Korchok – NMAS Mediator – VIC | Claire Gill – FDRP – WA | Kathy Archer – FDRP – NSW || Deborah Akers – NMAS – VIC | Janet ‘Leonie’ Bailey – NMAS – VIC | Emmanuel ‘Manny’ Spiteri – NMAS – VIC | Daniel Steiner – NMAS – NSW | Amelia Swan – NMAS – VIC | Natasha Jackson – FGC Facilitator – NSW | Joanne Croxton – FDRP – QLD | Vicky Chen – NMAS – NSW | Leanne Bassett – FGC Facilitator – NSW | Tracey Emanuel – NMAS – NSW
This year we will be working on more granular searching for members through our website for potential clients. New categories are:
- Private Practice – this category is for anyone who takes on client work directly (the alternative is not currently working or working for an employer only)
- Indigenous Practitioner -we’ve spoken with several of our Aboriginal members who indicated that they would like to be identifiable as indigenous by potential clients and each other. This is an opt in category.
We would also like to facilitate the finding of members who have other areas of specialist expertise. The ones that spring to mind are our Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) members who have a 2nd or more languages that you can work professionally in.
There are other specialty areas that we can identify if you want us to.
Current New Pages
- Find a NMAS Mediator https://www.mediationinstitute.edu.au/mi-members/find-a-nmas-mediator/
- Find a FDRP Member https://www.mediationinstitute.edu.au/mi-members/find-a-fdrp-member/
- Find a FGC Member https://www.mediationinstitute.edu.au/mi-members/find-a-fgc-member/
You can send your images 500 x 500 pixels minimum to Debra DSouza who is our new administrative support.
Professional Development Information
Wishing you and your staff a Happy New Year.
- NEW! Q&A and Open Mike for Mediators – every Tuesday from the 12th January. This is an opportunity for mentoring, questions and connection with Ken and whoever else from the Mi team can come along.
- More often! Family Dispute Resolution Tutorial – every Wednesday from the 13th January.
- Practice Development and Marketing Mastermind– 19th January https://www.mediationinstitute.edu.au/event/practice-development-mastermind-january-2021/
Other events may be advertised on the Events Calendar.
New in 2021
Conflict Coaching – The Source Code
Hold up your phone camera to the screen to use the QR code or click on this link to do the survey.
Professional Development Activities in 2021
We will be running two main weekly webinars:
- Q & A and Discussion on Tuesdays – this will replace the Monday Mediator Mentoring and Techy Tuesday and provide opportunities to members and students to attend live or request an answer by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Family Dispute Resolution Tutorial and Discussion on Wednesdays – this will provide more support and focus for our FDR students and also be an opportunity for our members to stay up to date with the latest information about Family Disptue Resolution Related topics.
- We will continue the monthly group supervision for our Family Group Conference Facilitators.
Other regular groups may arise out of the project to refine the membership directory categories on the website.