Membership Update – August 2020
Welcome to our new and renewing members over the past two months.
Geoff Brayshaw – Victoria | Daniel Brayshaw – Victoria | Tanya Robinson – South Australia | Lee Mulvey – NSW | Suzanne Azzi – NSW | Uthra Ramachandran – Victoria | Elizabeth Reardon – ACT | Sally-Ann Browett -NSW | Brian Williams – Victoria | John Counter – NSW| Darlene Daley – NSW | Marc Daley – NSW | Helen Lieschke – NSW | Courtney Keevers – NSW | Gudrun Ross – NSW | Hara Syros – Victoria | Danny Burton – Victoria | Paul Pattison – Victoria | Manraj Khosa -Western Australia | Dr Taf Mugadza – NSW| Alice Bills – South Australia| Belinda Serano – Victoria | Diane Thakur – NSW | Josephine Piccolo – Victoria | Samantha Wilmore – Queensland | Karishma Chardiramani – South Australia| Eddie Senatore – ACT |
Professional Development Information
- Superannuation and Family Law – t his event was hosted by Mi Member and owner of FamilyProperty Fiona Kirkman. Contact Fiona about a recording of the webinar.
- Video Meeting Facilitation and Tutorial – attendance has been low and we are going to put an end to these activities and replace them with Techy Tuesdays.
- Family Dispute Resolution Tutorial – we had a small group discussion which was not recorded this time.
- Vital Family Law – Child Alienation – what, why and how to overcome it. The recording from this and a following session on the topic are accessible through a discussion in the Mi Members course. You can access both recordings which were hosted by Our Family Wizard as well as share your comments on a private members only discussion. https://mi.study247.online/courses/9/discussion_topics/774
- Monday Mediation Mentoring – this regular series hosted by our very own Ken Speakman takes a close up view at various parts of the mediation process, ethics and processes. You can see the full series schedule in the calendar. We will be creating a page with links to the recordings in the Mi Members course.
- FDR Peer Supervision – these sessions are never recorded. You have to be there to be part of the discussion.
- The Coaching Conversation – We are working with Mi Members Venita Dimos and Susie Rayner on a comprehensive, tailored coaching course which we will release for sale in the comming months.
- 1st Sep, 8th Sep, 15th Sep, 22nd Sep, 29th Sep – Techy Tuesday for Mediators –
- 2nd Sep Managing Contracts in Changing Times – https://www.mediationinstitute.edu.au/event/managing-contract-in-change/
- 2nd Sep Child Inclusive and Developmentally Focused dispute Resolution – Family Law Pathways Event. https://www.mediationinstitute.edu.au/event/child-inclusive-and-developmentally-focused-dispute-resolution/
- 7th Sep, 14th Sep, 21st Sep, 28th Sep – Mi Monday Mediation Mentoring – https://www.mediationinstitute.edu.au/event/mi-monday-mediation-mentoring/2020-09-07/2/
- 9th Sep – Family Dispute Resolution Tutorial – https://www.mediationinstitute.edu.au/event/family-dispute-resolution-tutorial-2020-07-29/2020-09-09/
- 10th Sep – FamilyProperty Monthly Update Sep 2020 – https://www.mediationinstitute.edu.au/event/familyproperty-monthly-update-september-2020/
- 10th Sep – Vital Family Law – Judge Jill Moss. https://www.mediationinstitute.edu.au/event/judge-jill-moss/
- 15th Sep – Practice Development and Marketing Mastermind. – https://www.mediationinstitute.edu.au/event/practice-development-and-marketing/2020-09-15/
- 23rd Sep – FDR Peer Supervision – https://www.mediationinstitute.edu.au/event/family-dispute-resolution-tutorial-2020-07-29/2020-09-23/
- 24th Sep – Facilitated Discussion in the Workplace – Sep/Oct series starts. – https://www.mediationinstitute.edu.au/event/facilitated-discussion-in-the-workplace-september-october-2020-series/2020-09-24/
Free weekly technology upskilling opportunity for Mediation Institute Members. Come along and get a hand with your techy problems or learn tips, tricks and hacks to improve your productivity when using technology.
Online Peer group Supervision
Free monthly FDR Supervision for Mediation Institute Members and FDR students. Come along and talk about cases and scenarios.
Two of the biggest problems that mediators identify are:
- Gaining experience following accreditation
- Maintaining NMAS accreditation if they are doing other work and not mediation work ( 25 hours minimum are required every 2 years)
Mediation Institute aims to help our members to overcome these problems as part of establishing an accessible, affordable dispute resolution services.
The Interact Online Program will provide opportunities for new mediators to develop your skills and for experienced mediators to pick up extra contract work.
Find out what is required for NMAS Accredited Mediators to take a Leave of Absence temporarily suspending your accreditation.
Monthly training update from Mediation Institute. Recap of this month and looking forward to next month.