Membership Update – April 2021
Welcome to our new and renewing members over the past two months.
Click on the members name to visit their profile.
Jagdeep Bhatia – NMAS Mediator -WA | Abigail ‘Abby’ Wildsmith – FDR Practitioner – QLD | Laura Daley – NMAS Mediator – NSW | Suzanne Pinyon – NMAS Mediator – SA | Sian Dyce -NMAS Mediator – NSW | Feeby (Amy) Fong – NMAS Mediator – QLD | Deborah Acason – NMAS Mediator – QLD | Tamara Allen – NMAS Mediator – QLD | Chrystal Dillon – NMAS Mediator – QLD | Matthias Foo – NMAS Mediator – WA | Belinda Williams – NMAS Mediator – NSW | Tania Thompson – NMAS Mediator – NSW | Vanessa Pattison – FGC Facilitator – ACT | Barbara Jenner – NMAS Mediator – VIC | Iveta Bales – FDR Practitioner – ACT || Clare Carnell – NMAS Mediator – ACT | Rebecca Klimek – NMAS Mediator – WA | Priscilla Spyridis – NMAS Mediator – VIC | Anna Vlassopoulos – NMAS Mediator – VIC | Chantelle Metcalfe – NMAS Mediator – WA | Mi Thian-De Wind – NMAS Mediator – VIC | Erica Edmands – NMAS Mediator – VIC | Sue Adams – NMAS Mediator – QLD | Craig Anderson – NMAS Mediator – Vic | Jade Schultz – NMAS Mediator – VIC |Hayden Armitage – NMAS and FDRP – WA| Tess Nobile – NMAS – VIC| Linda Onyeka – NMAS – VIC | Jennifer Hetherington – FDR Practitioner – QLD | Jai-Leigh Beard – NMAS Mediator – QLD | Belinda Egan – NMAS and FDR Practitioner – VIC | Glenda ‘Gem’ Emmerson – NMAS – QLD | Fiona Mather – FDR Practitioner – NSW |
Directory Pages for our main member categories
- Find a NMAS Mediator https://www.mediationinstitute.edu.au/mi-members/find-a-nmas-mediator/
- Find a FDRP Member https://www.mediationinstitute.edu.au/mi-members/find-a-fdrp-member/
- Find a FGC Member https://www.mediationinstitute.edu.au/mi-members/find-a-fgc-member/
Professional Development Information
We’re into the April already!
- Q&A and Open Mike for Mediators – every Tuesday – 6th, 13th, 20th and 27th. This is an opportunity for mentoring, questions and connection with Ken and whoever else from the Mi team can come along. https://events.humanitix.com/mi-mediators-q-and-a-and-open-mike
- Family Dispute Resolution Tutorial – every Wednesday – 7th 14th, 21st and 28th. https://events.humanitix.com/fdr-tutorial
- Practice Development Mastermind- Monday 19th. Practice Development Mastermind – Mediation Institute
Other events may be advertised on the Events Calendar.
Want to become a NMAS Mediator?
If you are working as an FDRP or for a tribunal as an unaccredited mediator but would like to become NMAS Accredited there are alternative pathways that avoided the need for full training and assessment.
The NMAS Refresher Course or just an assessment is an option if you meet the experience qualified pathway requirements. NMAS Mediator Refresher Course (mediationinstitute.edu.au)
Ongoing Professional Development update for FDRP's
The Attorney Generals Department has started auditing FDRP’s to ensure that you are completing the mandatory 24 hours of FDR specific professional development activities in your previous 2 full years of accreditation i.e. if you registered in August 2009 they would be asking about August 2018 – August 2020 if you get the email in April.
MSB Frequently Asked Questions
The Mediator Standards Board (MSB) has a helpful list of frequently asked questions that may be helpful to refer to from time to time if you are a NMAS Mediator. If you are a FDRP or a lapsed NMAS Mediator it also explains what to do to become accredited or accredited again.