Mi Family Group Conference Facilitator Membership Application From
We have two membership Options
Individual membership for … you guessed it. For individuals paying for their own membership.
Corporate membership for employers who are paying for one or more staff members. Read on for the benefits of each type of membership.
Individual Membership Member Benefits
1) Membership Certificate to prove that you are a certified Family Group Conference Facilitator – Mi Family Group Conference Facilitator Member Certificate
2) Access to independent complaint handling service that can address complaints made against you in the role of Family Group Conference Facilitator if the complaint requires independent review.
3) Free and member rates Professional Development opportunities via webinar
4) Access to Mi Members only online learning community and groups
5) Listing on the Mi directory of independent Family Group Conference facilitators if you offer services independently from an employer
Corporate Membership Member Benefits
1) Your staff receive all the benefits of individual membership and remain members till their renewal date (even if they leave)
2) If your staff change you can replace them as members. Just notify that a practitioner is no longer working with you and add a new replacement for them at no extra cost up to your next renewal.
3) Listing on the Mi directory of Organisations who offer Family Group Conferencing
4) Receive a 10% discount per member if you have between 4 and 6 staff members
5) Receive a 20% discount for you require 7 or more memberships
1 to 3 People – $220 per person for two years
4 to 6 People – $198 per person for two years
7 or more People – $176 per person for two years
Membership is on an individual basis and is only available for certified Family Group Conference Facilitators.
We will need pages three to six of our application form filled out for each member. There individual membership certificate will not be issued until pages 3 to 6 of the application are provided for each individual.
Just download the application to see the information that must be provided.
Can I purchase membership places and then provide the names?
As long as you understand that there is no refund we are happy for you to do so. We will add in the people to your corporate membership up to the number of people you have paid for. If you have all of your member places filled we will check with you if someone has left and if not ask you to pay for an additional membership on the rate that applies to your number of members.
We are only opening up this membership category so renewals won’t be due till July 2020. By then we expect to have been the catalyst for establishing industry standards to Family Group Conference Facilitators.
The advice that we can provide at the moment is.
- Your renewal will be due in 2 years.
- Mediation Institute encourages professional standards and are in the process of industry consultation regarding minimum practice hours and professional development requirements for Family Group Conference Facilitators. We will keep members informed as standards are developed.
- We invite submissions from any interested party regarding the appropriate standards.
- We encourage facilitators to keep a record of your practice hours and professional development.
- We are thinking at this stage that the likely requirements should be in line with the standards for NMAS Mediators and Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners with about 25 hours professional development and 25 hours of service delivery for every two year renewal period. Failure to meet these standards (not yet in place) would require refresher training and catch up professional development to ensure that your facilitation skills are still current.
- Members will have access to hundreds of hours of accessible professional development each year so we believe setting a minimum standard such as this will be easily met.
Family Group Conference Facilitator Membership Application Form
Complete and return the form to make an application for membership.
Would you like to train to become a Family Group Conference Facilitator?
Mediation Institute now offers this training with our first course launching soon. Be among the first to get the course information.
The course will be blended learning making use of Mediation Institute’s award winning eLearning methodologies plus a two day workshop. We will be offering public workshops as well as in-house training.
Module One is the online learning and is suitable for people who want to learn about Family Group Conference work but not become a certified facilitator.
Module Two is the two day workshop. Module One is a pre-requisite and completion of the workshop will lead to the Family Group Conference Facilitator Certificate.
Pre-requisites for module two apply.
Public Workshop rate – $1,190 per person
In-House Workshop rate – $8,900 for up to ten people. $890 for any additional students up to a maximum training group size of 25 people.