Mediation Institute Membership Update: December 2021
November was an amazing month with the Australian International Mediation Awareness Week (IMAW) 2021 providing a welcome opportunity to connect, network and share for members and the wider mediation community alike.
On the 5th of December one of my hobbies, curating for TEDxCasey, will result in the presentation of TEDxYouth@Casey where 9 awesome young people will present on a diverse range of topics. We’re online this year so if you are interested check it out. https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/tedxyouthcasey-2021-now-fully-online-tickets-163824207615
We’re using a platform called Airmeet and intend to trial it during December for Mediation Institute. We believe it will give us a more engaging and interactive platform to run networking activities and professional development events compared to zoom. Please get involved in some of the events we host on the platform in December and let us know what you think.
The other thing that came out of IMAW was some really great presentations and presenters. We would like to look at using the AirMeet platform to provide an opportunity for more members to develop their confidence as speakers.
As always December is a shorter month with all of the holidays. This year we officially end for the year on Friday the 17th December. We’ll use Airmeet for an end of year online celebration. Any members who would like to be facilitators please get in touch. As an introvert party organiser isn’t one of my core skills but as a Victorian I feel the need!
Our NMAS Training Team are running a series of weekend intensives throughout December to help those students who want to complete their NMAS training by the end of the year. There are likely to be some opportunities to role play (2 hours of fun professional development) so get in touch with Ken on firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in being a role player.
International Mediation Awareness Week
Re-Cap on the IMAW 2021
Remember that the Mi Members and Students course area has all sorts of resources available for you for free. Mi Members & Students (study247.online)
Welcome to our new and renewing members.
Click on the member’s name to visit their profile.
Linda Singh – FGC Facilitator – NSW | Melinda Nutting – NMAS Mediator and FDR Practitioner – VIC | Rose Manousaridis – NMAS Mediator – NSW | Dianne Jolley – FDR Practitioner – NSW | Australian Business Skills College Pty Ltd – Education Dispute Resolution – NSW || Anna Hanson – FDR Practitioner and NMAS Mediator – NSW | Christine Foreshew – FGC Facilitator – NSW | Anthony Smith – FDR Practitioner and FGC Facilitator – NSW | Rand Faied – NMAS Mediator and FDR Practitioner – NSW | Paul Kenna Law – NMAS Mediator, FDR Practitioner and FGC Facilitator – VIC | Joanne Law – NMAS Mediator, FDR Practitioner and FGC Facilitator – VIC | Chris Truran – NMAS Mediator – NSW | Carol Muzyk – NMAS Mediator – SA | Jeanette Radley – NMAS Mediator and FDR Practitioner – TAS | Rebecca Evans – NMAS Mediator and FDR Practitioner – ACT | Victoria Police – Corporate Member – VIC
26 Additional new and renewing Members preferring not to have a public profile.
Directory Pages for our main member categories
- Find a NMAS Mediator https://www.mediationinstitute.edu.au/mi-members/find-a-nmas-mediator/
- Find a FDRP Member https://www.mediationinstitute.edu.au/mi-members/find-a-fdrp-member/
- Find a FGC Member https://www.mediationinstitute.edu.au/mi-members/find-a-fgc-member/
Your Profile on the Mi Website
Regular and Special Events
- FGC- Training Online Workshop – the next training workshop will be in February 2022. Enrolments are open to complete the online learning prior to the workshop. FGC Training Workshop
- Preparing for NMAS Assessment – 1st Tuesday – 7th December and 1st Wednesday 8th December. This is an opportunity for Mi students and those joining us for the NMAS Mediator Accreditation System to participate in an in depth session on the expectations for your assessment. Mi NMAS Assessment Expectations, Hosted online
- Mi Peer Group Supervision – Tuesday evening – 7th December. This is an opportunity for members to come together to discuss cases, books, ideas and resources they are using to support their professional practice. Mi Peer Group Supervision – Mediation Institute
- Q&A and Open Mic for Mediators – Tuesday 14th December. This is an opportunity for mentoring, questions and connection with Ken and whoever else from the Mi team can come along. https://events.humanitix.com/mi-mediators-q-and-a-and-open-mike
- Family Dispute Resolution Tutorial – every Wednesday – 1st, 8th and 14th December. These are training webinars for Mi students and FDR members. https://events.humanitix.com/fdr-tutorial
- Practice Development Mastermind– will recommence in January 2022. An opportunity to come together and talk about the business of Mediation and Family Dispute Resolution. Register here
Links to register to these and other events are available on the Mi Events Calendar. https://www.mediationinstitute.edu.au/events/
Free listing on the Find a Mediator directory.
Mediator Network have opened up their Find A Mediator tool making it free to register.
Their goal, which we support, is to create the largest global network of dispute resolution professionals in the world.
This is part of our shared mission with the International Mediation Awareness Week to educate the community about mediation and make it easy to find a mediator.
Find out more about our members
Monthly training update from Mediation Institute. Recap of this month and looking forward to next month.
Update on Mediation Institute membership for this month and looking forward to next month.