If you are a Mediator or Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner are you paying too much for your membership association?
Join Mediation Institute and save some money
Some of the reasons for joining
- Mediation Institute is a Recognised Mediator Accreditation Body (RMAB) able to accredit and re-accredit mediators.
- We also have a compliant complaint handling service for members who are NMAS Accredited Mediators and Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners.
- We refer members to an Insurance Underwriter who can offer an individual insurance policy for $200 plus state taxes (and you don’t even have to be a member to get that rate)
- All of our online Professional Development is free for Members
- Shared resource repository of tools, templates and tips for mediators and FDR Practitioners
- Mentoring available for new mediators and anyone who needs a quick chat to discuss a practice problem as well as monthly group supervision
- Pro-rata rates to synchronise with your current membership renewal e.g. pay $37 for four months of membership between June and September and get your Professional Development for free.
Go to our Membership Page to find out more and get a copy of our application form.
Low cost doesn’t mean Low Value
Mediation Institute was established based on four key values.
Flexibility – we believe in the value of being flexible and treating people as individuals. That is why we don’t have a universal renewal date for memberships. Your membership will run for 24 months from the day you join unless you ask us for a pro-rata membership period. No reasonable request is denied.
Accessibility – we don’t think you should have to travel hours to get an hour of CPD. We run our CPD events online so that our members right around the country or the world can join in and participate. No wasted time and no barriers to entry if you have a disability or constraint of travel.
Quality – our definition of quality is the standards that we apply in terms of ethics and compliance with requirements for mediators. We focus our CPD on learning and sharing. They are friendly and welcoming but seriously focused on best practice and professional success.
Innovation – we maximise the use of technology providing training and professional development via video and online learning. Student role plays are occurring every week via Video Mediation and members are welcome to join in for professional development and practice. If there is something new and interesting we are early adopters and supporters of the innovations that improve practice and outcomes.