The ACT Magistrates Court is currently seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified people for their Mediators Panel.
To be eligible to apply you must have the following professional qualifications:
- Registered as nationally accredited mediators; and
- Legal practitioners who are or eligible for admission as a practitioner of the High Court or the Supreme Court of an Australian State or Territory; with at least 5 years post admission experience;
- Preferably with experience in civil litigation in the ACT.
To be placed on a panel of mediators to undertake mediations in the civil jurisdiction of the Court on the following terms:
- Parties will pay the mediator fees directly in accordance with the time frame provided by the Court on an equal share basis unless otherwise agreed between the parties;
- The fee shall be $1,500 (inclusive of GST) per mediation;
- Mediations will be for a maximum of 4 hours unless otherwise agreed by the parties and the mediator;
- Mediations will be held in an ACT Law Courts facility unless otherwise agreed in advance by the parties and the mediator;
- The Court will endeavour to allocate two mediations per day to the mediator in one week blocks, namely 10 mediations for the week.
- There is, however, no guarantee of any particular quantity or type of work.