Fixed Term Full Time
UnitingCare Child and Family Services Sunshine Coast is seeking an energetic, motivated individual to join our highly skilled, dedicated team in the role of Intake Officer on a Fixed Term Full Time basis for 6 months.
This role will act as the initial contact for clients to the services offered on the Sunshine Coast including:
- Conduct initial intake to assess client needs and suitability for Child and Family Services.
- Provide information to clients about the family dispute resolution process and counselling & education programs.
- Using a strengths-based practice to conduct risk and needs assessments.
- Providing short-term strategies, information, advice and referrals to assist clients.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- A degree in Social Sciences, Behavioural Sciences or Human Services.
- Demonstrated sound knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation in relation to family law, child protection and domestic and family violence.
- Experience and understanding of strengths based assessment and case management processes.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability and experience in using client management systems and databases to maintain records and prepare accurate reports.
- Current Drivers Licence.
As one of the largest employers in the sector and the state, UnitingCare offers the opportunity to develop your skills with a values based organization where people are at the centre of everything we do.
UnitingCare offer a variety of benefits including values based work environment, discounted products and services, attractive salary packaging, career development and lifestyle benefits.
please submit your current resume and a cover letter (no more than 2 pages) addressing the selection criteria listed on the attached position description.
Further information on this position can be obtained by viewing the attached position description. Should you require additional / specific details about the role, please contact as per the details below.
We work hard to make our services welcoming and safe for every person. We are united in keeping children, young people and the elderly safe from harm, within our services, workplaces and the communities we support. We are committed to speaking up loudly for their safety.
At UnitingCare, we believe in the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce to help us achieve the best outcomes for the communities in which we operate and serve. We highly encourage applications from people who identify as a part of the Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Community.
Enquiries: Alexandra Armstrong
Applications Close: 08/04/2019
To view the position description or submit your application please click the 'Apply Now' button below.