We work with others to eliminate inequality and build a community that respects and promotes human rights and equal opportunity.
We embrace diversity and strive to have a workforce that reflects the community we serve. We’re all about recruiting the best people, regardless of gender, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation or cultural background. If you think you can do the job and would be a good fit for our organisation, we’d love to hear from you.
If you’re having any trouble viewing this ad and would like it or any attachments in an accessible format (such as large print), please don’t hesitate to get in touch with the contact person listed on the ad.
For more information on working with us and our recruitment process, please visit justice.vic.gov.au/careers
If a career that can give you the chance to contribute to a community where every person values, understands and respects human rights and equal opportunity appeals to you, we look forward to hearing from you.
- 2 x Fixed Term opportunities (2 years)
- 1 x Fixed Term opportunity (1 year)
The Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission is an independent statutory body with responsibilities under three Victorian laws: the Equal Opportunity Act 2010, Racial and Religious Tolerance Act 2001, and Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities Act 2006.
The Commission works with individuals and organisations to achieve our vision of a community where every person values, understands and respects human rights and equal opportunity.
About the role
The Conciliator role sits in the Legal and Dispute Resolution Branch and reports to the Manager of Dispute Resolution. This position leads a critical service on behalf of the Commission through providing a high quality dispute resolution service across Victoria for complaints of discrimination, sexual harassment and vilification.
As a Conciliator, you will work with parties to resolve their complaints of discrimination, sexual harassment and victimisation. Through this process you will provide specialist advice to parties on the options available to resolve their disputes. You will be an expert in a range of dispute resolution methods, from early dispute resolution through to formal conciliation.
You will work together as a team and across the Commission to share your specialist skills and dispute resolution expertise. You will have strong case management skills and are capable of identifying systemic trends in your case-loads that could be considered by the Commission to utilise other functions, such as its systemic investigation function.
As our ideal candidate, you will:
- be an expert negotiator and have exceptional interpersonal, communication and lateral thinking skills
- be a problem solver with a passion for assisting people to come together to resolve disputes
- be familiar or have the skills to readily become familiar with the Equal Opportunity Act 2010, Racial and Religious Tolerance Act 2001 and the Victorian Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities Act 2006
- have experience in dispute resolution techniques including early dispute resolution, case management and facilitative settlement
- have the ability to build strong relationships and develop an understanding of others in order to motivate them and confidently address conflict situations.
- use specialist knowledge and expertise to address complex problems, gathering relevant information and generate and test a range of solutions and outcomes.
We are looking for someone with the ability to tailor their dispute resolution services to the needs to the parties. Experience in providing dispute resolution services to people from linguistically and culturally diverse backgrounds would also be highly regarded.
How to apply
Please click the Apply button on this advertisement. Applications should include a resume and covering letter. Attachments can be uploaded in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .txt or .rtf formats.