Senior Customer Complaints Representative
Jetstar thrives on innovation! We are always looking to employ ambitious and proactive professionals to help our business work smarter and more efficiently. You will be encouraged to think innovatively whilst developing and maintaining best practice. What’s more, this role will see you working as part of a broader group Jetstar and Qantas structure.
The Senior Customer Complaint Representative will manage and resolve end-to-end customer complaint cases involving personal injury, discrimination and government/regulatory cases. Working closely with senior customer care stakeholders, you will determine the appropriate resolution for highly escalated cases with major brand risk and will use your exceptional verbal and written communication skills to liaise with internal stakeholders and customers to gather information and communicate and negotiate outcomes.
Reporting to the Team Lead Customer Advocacy, your main accountabilities will include:
• Applying appropriate judgement to highly escalated cases to ensure that a positive outcome is achieved, whilst factoring cost and risk/liability
• Work to resolve escalated cases within timeframes set out in KPIs and in alignment with Jetstar’s policies and procedures
• Collaborate with internal departments and build strong internal relationships to ensure timely outcome on cases as well as identifying trends and opportunities for business improvement
• Proactively contact customers on the phone and in writing to seek information, negotiate resolutions and advise of case outcomes
• Represent Jetstar autonomously at certain proceedings.
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate the following skills & experience:
• 2-3 years’ experience in the resolution of sensitive and/or legally focused disputes for a major organisation
• Experience in mediation will be highly regarded
• Contact centre experience will be highly regarded
• Experience in the travel industry will be highly regarded
• Experience in the banking, utilities or insurance sector will be highly regarded
• Takes ownership and always acts in a professional manner
• Highly resilient
• High levels of empathy
• A strong multitasker
• High level verbal and written communication skills are essential.
The Jetstar Group has airlines in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Japan and Vietnam. Since launch in 2004, we have grown from a team of 700 to 7,600 and have flown more than 250 million passengers. Collectively we now offer more than 5000 flights a week to more than 85 destinations in 17 countries and territories across the Asia Pacific region, with a fleet of more than 130 aircraft.
Jetstar is alive with a sense of adventure. Day in and day out, our teams search for new places to fly, new ways to add value and new ideas to improve performance. If you love the road less travelled, you’ll love working here because ours is a team who innovate every day, thrive on delivery, support each other and celebrate our successes. You’ll be supported to challenge, anticipate and explore while you work will connect people and enrich lives. We encourage diversity and aim to create an environment where our employees feel valued, respected and enabled.
Team members have access to heavily discounted fares to destinations all over the world – not only for team members, but for their favourite travel companions too. Our staff travel benefit includes discounts on airfares, accommodation, car hire and travel insurance for both domestic and international travel. Discounts can be used within the Jetstar Group airlines, Qantas and other partner airlines.