Relationships Australia Queensland (RAQ) is a leading provider of relationship and family support services. We believe healthy relationships are essential for the well-being of children, families and communities. We are committed to offering the best possible counselling, mediation, education and support services, and are committed to social justice and inclusion. We provide services from more than 30 centres and employ over 400 employees across Queensland.
RAQ is dedicated to promoting work-life balance, and provides flexible working hours, a supportive team environment, paid parental leave and additional benefits such as medical insurance discounts and salary packaging arrangements.
About the Role
We are currently seeking applications for the part-time role (22.5 hours per week) of Regional Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner located at our Mackay venue.
The purpose of this role is to provide high quality family dispute resolution and conciliation services to assist families to develop and implement parenting plans and property agreements when they are separating, have separated or divorced.
The major responsibilities of this position include:
- Applying theoretical models of conflict resolution, specifically family dispute resolution, child development, and other relevant frameworks in the mediation process;
- Facilitating equitable participation of both parties in the mediation process and assisting clients to generate and negotiate options;
- Applying knowledge of issues specific to couples who may be separating or divorcing;
- Demonstrating a knowledge of theories regarding grief and power;
- Conducting client assessment and intake of client needs to make appointments, provide relevant information, make appropriate referrals and link to treatment plan;
- Maintaining confidentiality and duty of care, including identification of domestic and family violence.
Work days/hours will be negotiated with the successful applicant, however please note that the position holder will be required to work an evening shift (12pm to 8pm) up to once a week, with some flexibility needed in order to meet business requirements.
To be successful in this position, you will possess relevant undergraduate qualifications in the Social or Behavioural Sciences and/or Law, as well having current FDR Accreditation, or the ability to obtain and maintain FDR Accreditation and Vocational Graduate Diploma of Family Dispute Resolution. Demonstrated experience and theoretical knowledge of dispute resolution and mediation is also preferred.
The salary being offered is circa $54,701 to $64,549 per annum pro rata, to be negotiated depending upon qualifications and experience, plus superannuation and generous salary packaging options where eligible which will significantly increase the value of take-home pay. Other attractive benefits are available including additional annual leave over the Christmas period, annual leave loading and study leave.
How to Apply
Please visit our website www.raq.org.au/careers to obtain a copy of the position description. To apply, send us your resume and a cover letter responding to each of the selection criteria in the position description, outlining your demonstrated experience in each area. Applications can be submitted by clicking the Apply Now button below or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference [rfdrp0219mky]