Parent Coordinator and Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner
· Full time(37.5 hours per week) fixed term contract until 4 January 2019
· Possibility of ongoing part time, 30 hours per week from 4 January 2019
Working on the front-line, you’ll make a direct impact to the lives of families and communities across the state. This role isn’t for just anyone. It requires hard work, resilience, a creative approach and commitment to best practice in your field. Every person, every family and every community is different and we need people who are proactive and flexible to adapt to these changing environments.
In return for your effort and dedication, we provide the support of an inclusive and welcoming community which encourages best practice.
Anglicare WA is a highly regarded not for profit organisation, delivering a diverse range of community services throughout Western Australia. With over 630 staff and 320 volunteers, we are passionate about having a real and sustainable impact in the Western Australian community and to do this we need talented and engaged people who share our drive to achieve positive outcomes.
You are a passionate and talented individual who is driven to deliver a quality service for our clients.
You will have:
- Tertiary qualification 4 year Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counselling, or related field (qualification in family dispute resolution desirable)
- Knowledge and experience in Family Dispute Resolution
- Knowledge and experience in working with families in conflict, separating/separated families.
- Experience in undertaking intakes and assessments
- Experience in providing short term Counselling/groupwork
- Excellent skills in written, oral and interpersonal communication
- Knowledge of family and domestic violence issues, family systems and child development and trauma
You also must possess a current National Police Clearance valid within one year, a WA Working with Children Check, and a WA Drivers Licence.
About the role
You will spend 22.5 hours per week in the Parent Coordinator role and 15 hours per week in the Family Dispute Resolution role until 4 January 2019, with the possibility of 30 hours per week ongoing after 4 January 2019.
As the Parent Coordinator and Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner you will provide counselling, family dispute resolution and support services to couples going through separation, assisting them to come to terms with separation and co-parenting. You will assist in the facilitation of educational/therapeutic groups for parents and deliver education and training programs on issues relating to separation where required.
As the Parent Coordinator you will provide intake and assessments and short term counselling for clients experiencing family separation. You will coordinate pathways for clients through the Family Separation programs to ensure identified goals are achieved.
As the Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner you will provide child inclusive family dispute resolution and mediation as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- $71,873 – $81,527 per year + 9.5% superannuation
- In addition to your remuneration, you will enjoy generous tax-free salary packaging benefits where you can package up to $15,900 per annum and not pay tax on that amount
To be considered, applications must include a current detailed resume and covering letter. To apply, please click on the apply button and follow the prompts.
Applications close 9am Tuesday 2 October 2018
Anglicare WA promotes a working environment that values diversity and inclusion and we strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with a disability. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
For further information please contact Michelle Peter, Service Manager Mandurah, on (08) 9263 1437.