- Multiple casual positions available
- $45.08 per hour (inclusive of casual loading) + Super + Salary Packaging
- Located in Hindmarsh
Our belief in the transformative power of relationships lies at the heart of everything we do. Relationships Australia South Australia (RASA) is a not-for-profit, secular, community organisation, helping people to overcome difficulties and bring about positive change in their lives. We offer services for families, couples and individuals of all ages, backgrounds and abilities.
Ngartuitya is from the Kaurna language and means ‘for the Children’. Ngartuitya Family Group Conference Service enables families to make their own decisions about how they will all work together to ensure their child’s safety and promote wellbeing. Ngartuitya Family Group Conference Service allocates a Coordinator to each referred family who has a focus on empowering families and community members to identify strategies to keep their own children and young people safe within family and kin.
The Ngartuitya Family Group Conference Coordinator provides Department for Child Protection (DCP) referred families with an independent, facilitated process to support them to develop a family agreement plan. The plan focuses on the safety and well-being of the child/young person, and outlines what specific actions by family members will be undertaken to address the DCP concerns. Ngartuitya Family Group Conference Coordinators ensure that the right family and community members are present, or their views are represented at the conference; that a suitable venue and other resources like catering are available on the day; that cultural safety is considered, and that all participants at the conference are clear about the process and that the child safety concerns needing to be addressed.
- Tertiary qualifications (AQF level 7) in social work, psychology, occupational therapy, developmental education, counselling or youth work, or a Diploma (AQF Level 5) with relevant experience in a one of the aforementioned fields, or demonstrated relevant experience for Family Led Decision Making in a cultural context.
- Demonstrated experience as a group facilitator, educator, family therapist or mediator.
- Completion of professional training in Family Group Conferencing (or ability to complete within 3 months). You can get this qualification with Mediation Institute
- Demonstrated experience in community development and working with families in crisis or conflict.
- Demonstrated experience working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families and those from diverse cultural back grounds.
- A Working with Children Check is essential and employment is not able to commence without a current clearance.
- Experience in delivering services to children and families at risk of entering the child protection system.
- Graduate Diploma in Family Dispute Resolution. Mediation Institute trains the Family Dispute Resolution Qualification.
Enquiries: Any enquiries can be addressed to Lakshmi Sri on 08 8245 81***or *****@rasa.org.au.
Relationships Australia South Australia is a Child Safe and Equal Opportunity Employer.