Client Services Officer roles often provide an opportunity for Graduate Diploma Students or newly graduated professionals who want a job as a FDR Practitioner to get known by government funded services. Sometimes this leads to an offer of employment if a role as a Family Dispute Resolution practitioner becomes available.
About the opportunity
When passionate people come together, they can make a real difference in the lives of others. Uniting Counselling and Mediation has been supporting families for 35 years. We help people find new hope and new beginnings through our professional, community based counselling and mediation services.
We are looking for an Intake & Administration Worker who is available 3 days a week(21 hrs/pw) to join our team in Fairfield on a fixed term contract until June 2019
Our Intake & Administration workers are the first point of contact for those seeking the services of Uniting Counselling and Mediation. Person Centred and with great communication skills they engage our service users, provide client intake and administrative support in the centre ensuring the smooth delivery of services and clinical programs to the families we work with.
- Certificate qualifications or above in social welfare / behavioural science, and 1-3 years previous work experience in a related position.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with clients over the telephone, and face to face and ability to respond to and manage individuals in crisis or distress.
- Good problem solving, case management, assessment and safety screening skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of community services especially those relating to families experiencing relationship difficulties.
- Excellent computer skills including advanced word processing skills
- Demonstrated ability managing a reception desk and switchboard in a busy office environment.