Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner | Wollongong | Permanent Part-Time
Uniting NSW & ACT Wollongong NSW
Our values: As an organisation we are Imaginative, Respectful, Compassionate and Bold.About the opportunity
You’ll provide Family Dispute Resolution (FDR) to separated couples or families, including same sex couples and grandparents. FDR is mediation of parenting or property matters for persons affected by separation or divorce. You will work closely with Uniting therapists to support child-inclusive approaches to FDR.
Key responsibilities include:
- You’ll provide information in accordance with the Family Law Act 1975 and the Family Law (Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners)Regulations 2008, and other information in accordance with Uniting Unifam policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Assess suitability of clients for FDR in accordance with legislative requirements.
- Conduct telephone and/or face-to-face Assessment Interviews for FDR in accordance with Uniting Unifam policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Plan, prepare and conduct FDR sessions in accordance with Uniting Unifam policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Ensure all FDR involving parenting arrangements is child focussed and, where appropriate/possible, child inclusive.
- Ensure the needs and requirements of culturally and linguistically diverse communities are applied.
- Ensure client safety through best practice with regards to allegations of violence, abuse and other unsafe behaviours, throughout the FDR process.
- Maintain community liaison, in conjunction with and on behalf of the Manager, particularly with the legal profession and the Family Law Courts.
- Maintain client confidentiality as required by the Family Law Act, the Privacy Act and Professional Practice.
- Manage telephone enquiries as required.
- Provide information to clients and potential clients about other options upon separation, including information about counselling and legal processes.
- Refer clients to other services (internal and external) where appropriate.
- Provide information and short term support for clients and potential clients where referral-out is inappropriate and insufficient.
- Prepare parenting plans, property agreements, financial statements and other written documents in accordance with internal and appropriate external competency requirements.
- Collaborate in the provision of multi-disciplinary interventions (hybrid models of practice) where appropriate.
- Under the direction of the relevant Managers, you’ll assist with the design and development of FDR training, including the development of materials for FDR training.
- Under the direction of the relevant Managers, you’ll deliver FDR training.
- Under the direction of the relevant Managers assist with clinical supervision of FDR students and less experienced FDR practitioners.
- Provide opportunities for other FDR staff to observe and participate in FDR sessions.
- Accredited, or eligible to apply for accreditation, as a Family Dispute Resolution Practitioer with the Australian Attorney-General’s Department.
- An understanding of the process and purpose of child-inclusive mediation practice
- Knowledge of family law legislation
- Knowledge and understanding of community services, especially those relating to families experiencing relationship difficulties
- Knowledge and understanding of the issues impacting on children and families during and following separation
- Good problem solving, case management and assessment skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain community networks
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary team as well as independently
- Highly developed time management and organisation skills
- Knowledge of child protection
- Well-developed ability and understanding of issues facing diverse linguistic communities both established and newly emerging
Benefits & culture
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer. People with a disability, or who identify as LGBTQI or Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander are encouraged to apply.
We work together to ensure that every individual can be the best they can be. We value you and will support you in your career by:
- Ongoing training and mentoring to improve and learn new skill
- Family friendly workplace and flexible working hours
- Salary Packaging
Click on the link to apply.Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which may include a National Police.