Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner
At Centacare Catholic Family Services, our mission is to provide relevant, authentic and effective services that will enhance the quality of life of our clients and enable them to participate fully in the community. We employ approximately 500 staff across our metropolitan and regional locations and we deliver services to over 30,000 South Australians each year, without regard to religion, race, culture, sexuality, gender or economic circumstance. We support people in the areas of disability, family, youth and children, health and well-being, education and training, homelessness and domestic violence. Centacare is a child safe and a quality accredited organisation.
About the Position
The Family Dispute Resolution (FDR) Service provides parents, children and significant others engaged in a separation process with an alternative way of resolving family and property issues, underpinned by a child focus. The FDR process is a voluntary process of dispute resolution that is managed by an accredited FDR Practitioner who guides the process of discussion while at the same time remaining neutral to allow the parties to reach their own agreements. The main duties of an FDR Practitioner are as follows:
- Provide a quality Family Dispute Resolution Service
- Maintain confidentiality about all matters regarding to clients and the organisation
- Maintain accurate and up to date client/program files
- Conduct Intake and Assessment to assess the appropriateness of FDR
- Conduct mediation sessions including shuttle mediation
To be considered for this position you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Valid Department for Human Services (DHS) Child-Related Employment Clearance
- Valid Driver's Licence
- Qualifications and/or experience in Mediation/Conflict Resolution
- Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Law, or working towards a degree/diploma
- Must be a registered Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner with the Attorney General's Department
- Understanding of the Family Law Act
- Qualifications or experience in Counselling
Our Culture and Benefits
At Centacare we believe that everyone has the right to be treated with respect. We value the uniqueness of individuals, we consult, collaborate and operate with integrity and professionalism. Centacare is committed to cultivating a harmonious workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Equal opportunity principles align with our mission, vision and values. We believe that treating our workers fairly has a positive impact on our clients, maintains our reputation as an Employer of Choice and a great place to work! We offer benefits such as tax savings via salary sacrifice, paid parental leave, supportive work environment and on-going development through various training opportunities.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter (as one document) outlining how you meet the requirements of this position as outlined in the position description. To access the position description or submit your application click on the Apply button! https://www.seek.com.au/job/38628303
Applications will close at 5pm on 13 April 2019.