Relationships Australia Queensland (RAQ) is a leading provider of relationship and family support services. We believe healthy relationships are essential for the well-being of children, families and communities. We are committed to offering the best possible counselling, mediation, education and support services, and are committed to social justice and inclusion. We provide services from more than 30 centres and employ over 400 employees across Queensland.
About the Role
We are currently seeking applications for the part-time role (30 hours per week) of Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner, located at our Toowoomba venue.
The purpose of the Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner role is to provide high quality, inclusive and collaborative FDR services. This position will assist families in developing and implementing child focussed parenting and/or property agreements when they are separating, have separated or divorced, as well as assisting families to focus on the best interests of children and young people throughout any ongoing family conflict.
The key responsibilities of this position include:
- Apply knowledge of relevant theoretical models and frameworks (facilitative model of FDR, conflict resolution, child development and child inclusive mediation) to ensure that FDR practice is appropriate for the client’s needs. This includes ensuring services are culturally appropriate.
- Undertake client intake, risk and needs assessment at the intake to obtain relevant information and screen for risk factors to inform an assessment as appropriate for mediation.
- Utilise the FDR delivery mode which best meets client needs e.g. face-to-face, telephone, online, shuttle, legally assisted, child inclusive mediation, as identified in the intake and through continuous assessment.
- Develop, maintain and share knowledge of internal and external services that are available to support clients e.g. Rainbow services, DFV network, family support network, interpretive services, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island and CALD supports.
Work days for this position will be Tuesday to Friday each week. Please note that the position holder will be required to work an evening shift (12pm to 8pm) each Tuesday.
To be successful in this position, you will possess relevant undergraduate qualifications in the Social or Behavioural Sciences and/or Law, as well having current FDR Accreditation, or the ability to obtain and maintain FDR Accreditation and Vocational Graduate Diploma of Family Dispute Resolution. You will have demonstrated experience in risk assessment, assessment of suitability for mediation, and the delivery of family dispute resolution and mediation, applying a facilitative FDR framework.
The salary being offered is circa $62,467 to $77,042 per annum pro rata, to be negotiated depending upon qualifications and experience, plus superannuation.
What We Can Offer You
- Work-life balance and flexible working hours
- Additional annual leave over the Christmas period, annual leave loading and study leave
- A supportive team environment and opportunity for professional development
- Salary packaging options available of up to $15,900, which will significantly increase the value of take-home pay
- Paid parental leave and additional benefits such as medical insurance discounts
How to Apply
Please visit our website www.raq.org.au to obtain a copy of the position description. To apply, send us your resume and a cover letter outlining your demonstrated experience. Applications can be submitted by clicking the Apply Now button below or by emailing email@example.com quoting reference [fdrp0719twb].
Applications close at 4pm on 30 July 2019.