About the Role
We are looking for a Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner to join our team in Wollongong on a Part-time basis. In this position, you will provide a range of interventions to families post-separation who are experiencing various levels of conflict and are unable to reach agreement regarding parenting arrangements for their children and/or the distribution of property.
These interventions include mediation, conciliation, therapeutic mediation and child inclusive practice under the jurisdiction of the Family Law Act.
This position is offered on a permanent basis and the successful applicant will work 4 days per week (28 hours).
Your experience will tick the following boxes:
- Appropriate Tertiary qualification in law, psychology or social work
- Accreditation as a Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner (Australian Attorney- General’s Department)
- An understanding of the process and purpose of child-inclusive practice in FDR
- Knowledge of family law legislation.
- Knowledge and understanding of community services, especially those relating to families experiencing relationship difficulties.
- Knowledge of child protection
- Well-developed ability and understanding of issues facing diverse linguistic communities both established and newly emerging
- Family Dispute Resolution (mediation) experience or experience working in a related field – counselling /therapy, welfare, family law
- Experience and expertise in program promotion and liaison
- Experience working within a Family Law context
- Familiarity with the Family Law Act and other relevant legislation (e.g. Children and Young Persons (Care and Protection) Act)
Accompanying Uniting’s fulfilling careers are a range of excellent benefits including:
- Salary Packaging benefits, designed to increase your take home salary
- Registered Training Organization
If the idea of working for a progressive not-for-profit organization excites you, then please apply now.
Applications close 10 September 2019.
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which may include a National Police Check and Reference Checks.