CatholicCare Social Services is a not-for-profit organisation that is committed to improving service accessibility, responsiveness and outcomes for the most vulnerable and disadvantaged individuals and families.
Working within CatholicCare Social Services Family Relationship Centre the successful applicant will be required to provide professional family dispute resolution services for separated parents, couples, individuals and other family members ensuring that practice and procedures are in accordance with the Family Law Act 1975, Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners Regulations 2008, legislative guidelines and contractual obligation with the Department of Social Services. Knowledge of completing property mediation will be highly desirable.
This position will be based in Toowoomba.
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Provide a range of integrated support, education and information services under supervision to assist individuals, families and children with issues relevant to Family Dispute Resolution;
- Deliver high quality family dispute resolution services under the supervision of a fully qualified and experienced FDRP to support clients in accordance with Family Law Act 1975, Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners Regulations 2008 and CatholicCare’s practice and procedures;
- Deliver property mediation services under the supervision of a fully qualified and experienced FDRP to support clients in accordance with Family Law Act 1975, Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners Regulations 2008 and CatholicCare’s practice and procedures;
- Participate and engage in regular practice supervision;
- Participate in, and represent CatholicCare at networking events and activities with stakeholders, other agencies and staff;
- Contribute to practice supervision, case supervision and decision making;
- Obtain relevant Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner qualifications;
To apply for this role you must have:
- Willingness to attain Family Dispute Resolution qualifications;
- Hold a tertiary qualification in Social Sciences or Law;
- Knowledge of completing Property Mediation in accordance with the Family Law Act is highly desirable;
- Have a current (or eligibility for) Qld Working with Children Check – 'Blue Card';
- Have a current (or eligibility for) Australian Criminal History Check;
- Hold a valid current driver's licence;
- If applicable, have evidence of Australian Work Rights to confirm citizenship or a visa holder.
About the Benefits
To reward your commitment CatholicCare will offer an attractive remuneration package based on Level 4 of the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services (SCHCADS) Award, plus generous salary packaging of up to $15,900 to significantly increase your take home pay.
The successful candidate will also enjoy a range of outstanding benefits, including:-
- Professional development opportunities;
- CatholicCare recognises the importance of a healthy work/life balance and supports family friendly practices within the workplace.
This position is full time.
To obtain the position description please go to our website www.catholiccare.services
If you would like to be part of our dedicated team please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter (maximum two pages) outlining your skills, qualifications and experience for the position and a current resume.
We are seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce to better meet the differing needs of our clients and to improve equal opportunity outcomes for our employees. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Should you, after assessing your suitability for the role and reading the position description, have any further questions please contact Zoe, Team Leader - Family Relationship Centre on 1300 477 433. No recruitment agencies please.
Applications close 5pm, Sunday 9th June 2019.