FAMILY DISPUTE RESOLUTION PRACTITIONER - Relationships Australia NSW (Big Splash on behalf of RANSW)
Sydney Western Suburbs NSW
- Join a great team of Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners
- Leading Not-For-Profit organisation
- Based in Penrith
- Salary Packaging available
Relationships Australia NSW (RANSW) believes everyone is entitled to positive, supportive and healthy relationships. Our work is centred on building strong family relationships and community connections. As a leading independent non-profit organisation, we focus on those in greatest need, and we conduct our work with respect for difference and social inclusiveness.
We are currently looking for experienced Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners to join our Family Relationship Centre based in Penrith. Our Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners (FDRP) provide a range of interventions to families who are experiencing conflict and are unable to reach agreement regarding their children and/or property matters.
This position requires you to be registered on the Australian Government Attorney General's Department Register of Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners under the Family Law Act 1975 (see Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners Regulations 2008).
About the role
We have 2 positions available on a 1 year fixed term contract. There is an option to work part time (3 days per week) or full time. The actual days of work are flexible and will be discussed / agreed during the recruitment process. Some of the responsibilities of the role include:
- Providing Family Dispute Resolution services to clients from referral to closure as appropriate, including all clinical and administrative tasks of cases.
- Providing a range of interventions to families who are experiencing conflict post-separation and are unable to reach agreement regarding parenting and/or property arrangements.
- Provide information to clients and potential clients about other options upon separation, including information about counselling and legal processes.
- Referring clients to other services (internal and external) to support them as required.
You will have:
- Registered on the Australian Government Attorney General’s Department Register of Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners under the Family Law Act 1975;
- A tertiary background in law, social sciences, social work or mediation/dispute resolution
- Demonstrated high level of skills in family dispute resolution including assessments and mediation intervention;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a child focused approach;
- Knowledge of issues facing separating families;
Previous experience in property mediation is desirable.
Australia’s First Peoples
RANSW is committed to creating opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples. This is a core part of our Reconciliation Action Plan. Australia’s First Peoples are encouraged to apply for this role. RANSW's RAP can be found at http://www.relationshipsnsw.org.au/about-us/stretch-reconciliation-ac tion-plan/
Diversity and Inclusion statement
RANSW is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and recognises the importance of attracting the right people for the right job. We are actively seeking to increase the diversity of our team and encourage applications from people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, the LGBTQI+ community, people living with disability/ies, and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples. In the interests of gender diversity, we encourage men to apply.