Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner ( FDRP)
- A fantastic opportunity to join the existing team of Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners
- Leading Not-For-Profit organisation
- Based in Blacktown
- Salary Packaging available
Relationships Australia NSW (RANSW) believes everyone is entitled to positive, supportive and healthy relationships. Our work is centred on building strong family relationships and community connections. As a leading independent non-profit organisation, we focus on those in greatest need, and we conduct our work with respect for difference and social inclusiveness.
We are currently looking for an experienced Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner to join our Family Relationship Centre based in Blacktown Centre The Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners provide a range of interventions to families that are experiencing conflict and are unable to reach agreement regarding arrangements in relation to children.
This position require the practitioner to be registered on the Australian Government Attorney General's Department Register of Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners under the Family Law Act 1975 (see Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners Regulations 2008).
About the role
Some of the responsibilities of the successful applicant will include:
- Maintaining Family Dispute Resolution service to clients from referral to closure as appropriate, including all clinical and administrative tasks of cases.
- Providing a range of interventions to families who are experiencing conflict post-separation and are unable to reach agreement regarding parenting arrangements for their children.
- Provide information to clients and potential clients about other options upon separation, including information about counselling and legal processes. Refer clients to other services (internal and external) as required.
About the successful candidate
There is an option to work part time or full time in this position. The successful candidate will have:
- Registered on the Australian Government Attorney General's Department Register of Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners under the Family Law Act 1975;
- A tertiary background in law, social sciences, social work or mediation/dispute resolution
- Demonstrated high level of skills in family dispute resolution including assessments and mediation intervention;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a child focused approach;
- Knowledge of issues facing separating families;
Previous experience in property mediation is desirable.
How to Apply
Candidates MUST apply online and answer the role selection criteria's. For more information about the role and details on how to apply, visit the link below:
RANSW is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and recognises the importance of attracting the right people for the right job. Candidates are selected in accordance with pre-determined selection criteria.
RANSW is committed to creating opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, this is a core part of our Reconciliation Action Plan. Australia's First Peoples are encouraged to apply for this role. RANSW's RAP can be found at:
APPLICATIONS CLOSE ON MONDAY 10 JUNE 2019