- Permanent Full Time OR Permanent Part Time (30 hours per week)
- Newcastle Location
- $41.35 per hour + 9.5% superannuation
- Salary Packaging available
Interrelate is a community based, not-for-profit organisation that has been a leading provider of quality relationship services in New South Wales since 1926. We deliver services through in community, our office locations and online to more than 110,000 individuals, couples, families and children to support the development of healthy relationships to navigate through life’s many challenges. Our services empower people to build strong, respectful, resilient and healthy relationships at every stage of life.
We are currently seeking a dedicated and experienced Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner for our Family Relationship Centre in Newcastle. The Family Relationship Centre is an initiative of the Australian Government to provide families (whether together or separated) with access to information about family relationship issues, ranging from building better relationships to dispute resolution. This position is responsible to conduct family dispute resolution/mediation sessions with clients of the Centre.
This role can be 4 or 5 days a week and will be negotiable at interview. Experience in Property Mediation is also desirable.
The successful applicant must hold current accreditation with the Attorney General's Department as an Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner. For more information about how to gain this accreditation please visit:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in behavioral or social science, mediation or family law
- Current or imminent accreditation as a Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner with the Attorney General's Department
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in therapeutic work with families/ children (e.g. counselling, mediation, family law or welfare)
- Understanding of the impact of family separation and breakdown on children
- Demonstrated skills in managing high parental conflict whilst upholding the best interest of the children
To reward staff for their 100% commitment we offer competitive employment conditions in the industry including:
- Salary Sacrificing and Packaging Options (superannuation, loans, credit cards, school fees)
- Additional days of paid leave on top of standard leave entitlements
- Salaries pitched at the top end of the market
- Training, Mentoring, Supervision and access to Resources
- Access to support through the Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for multi-skilling and up-skilling
- High level of diversity in the role
- Excellent working environment
To be considered for this vacancy please forward a copy of your resume and cover letter addressing the 5 key requirements of this role as listed in the job ad above to email@example.com using the subject line: Application - Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner – Newcastle.
Closing Date: COB (5pm) Friday, 21st June 2019
Please note: To be considered for this vacancy your application must address the selection criteria as outlined in the job ad.
For more details about what we do at Interrelate please visit our website at www.interrelate.org.au
All Interrelate positions require the satisfactory completion of relevant Police and Working with Children Checks. Interrelate services are funded by the Australian Government.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you hold a current NSW working with children check clearance?
- Do you consent to a National Police Check should you be the successful applicant?
- Have you provided a document addressing the key requirements as outline in the job ad to firstname.lastname@example.org