Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner
Better Place Australia has a vision of “An Australia where all people experience positive relationships, truly value each other and live safer, more confident lives”. As a community focused not-for-profit organisation with an ever-growing range of psychological and community support services, Better Place Australia is taking a leadership role in the provision of high-quality, effective services for a wide range of community groups across 28 locations in Victoria.
This is an opportunity to join our expanding team of highly experienced and passionate people who want to make Australia a better place.
Applications are now invited for the position of Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner. The appointee will be responsible for providing family dispute resolution services (mediation) with specific work tasks to include:
- Identifying problem-solving options and strategies and providing assistance in clarifying clients’ problems and disputes
- Assisting parents negotiate sustainable and workable parenting plans
- Assisting parents negotiate financial settlements when these present alongside parenting issues
- Providing assessment in relation to the provision of Certificates as required by Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner Regulations
- Facilitation of group programs where required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Prospective candidates must be able to demonstrate registration as a Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner together with a proven ability to work within Family Law Act. Knowledge of the effects of separation and divorce on families is essential as is an understanding of the concepts and philosophy of family dispute resolution including mediation. Other essential criteria include the ability to think creatively and develop innovative solutions to issues as they arise, excellent communication skills, well developed interpersonal skills and the ability to rapidly build rapport with clients. Candidates with previous experience in a similar role servicing clients within the LGBTIQ+ space and/or lived experience of same are particularly encouraged to apply.
Better Place Australia is serious about being an employer of choice and to back that claim we offer:
- Generous above award salary rates
- Salary packaging (which increases your take home pay)
- Additional paid annual leave (between Christmas and New Year)
- Annual leave loading of 17.5%
- An 11% superannuation contribution
- Twelve weeks paid parental leave
- Up to 20 days family violence leave
- Paid study leave and extensive professional development opportunities
Better Place Australia offers a workplace culture reflective of a vibrant, learning organisation where our people are highly engaged in their work and committed to making a difference. As an equal opportunity employer, we aim to create an inclusive environment where differences including gender, age, culture, disability, sexual orientation and family and caring responsibilities are valued. We invite you to be part of a not for profit organisation that fosters a diverse workplace.
This position is available on a full time basis and will require evening work one day per week currently on a Tuesday. Candidates who meet the above listed criteria and who are looking to work part time (0.8 FTE/4 days per week) are also encouraged to express interest.
Whilst we appreciate the interest of all prospective candidates, please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Our organisation is committed to child safety and satisfactory completion of a Working with Children Check and National Police Check are mandatory for the preferred candidate.