About the role
CatholicCare are currently a seeking a part time Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner to provide a non-denominational Family Dispute Resolution / Mediation service at their Central Coast Family Centre.
- Mediation intake, screening suitability for mediation, interviewing clients, referring appropriately;
- Conducting mediation using a variety of mediation models depending on the needs of the client;
- Applying knowledge of family law, parenting arrangements, financial and property issues;
- Managing complex issues with clients in high conflict.
Essential to this role is sound experience in family mediation. You will also have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications;
- Current accreditation as a Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner with the Attorney General’s Department;
- Ability to work in a co-mediation and sole mediation model;
- Knowledge of Family Law;
- Understanding of the impact of family separation on children;
- Demonstrated skills in managing high parental conflict;
- Comprehensive understanding of the impact of Domestic Violence on families;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including report writing.
Working with CatholicCare
CatholicCare offers a range of initiatives to actively promote the life/work balance and development of their employees through:
- Assistance with the development and review of plans to support your well-being;
- Access to in-house and external training and learning opportunities;
- An Employee Assistance Program offering free and confidential counselling and support;
- Salary packaging benefits to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free, as well as additional meal and entertainment benefits.
If you are a passionate person who realises the tremendous opportunity that this role offers and want to utilise your skills and passion in a rewarding environment, they want to hear from you!
Simply complete your work history & education information on the application page and submit your resume, along with a cover letter. You are welcome to include any certificates or licences in the education section to assist us in assessing your suitability for this role.
Closing date: 17 January 2019
They encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Applications will be assessed as they are received.
Holding a current Working with Children Check and completing a National Criminal History Record Check clearance are requirements of this position.