Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner (Full-time)
Uniting Campbelltown NSW
- Join an industry leading, not-for-profit organisation
- Full-time position, 35 hours per week
- Campbelltown, NSW
At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice. Our services are in the areas of aged care and disability, community services, and chaplaincy and we get involved in social justice and advocacy issues that impact the people we serve.
We commit to respecting children and take action to keep them safe. As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of lifestyle choices, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.
About the Role
We are looking for a Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner to join our team in Fairfield on a Part-time permanent basis. In this position, you will provide a range of interventions to families post-separation who are experiencing various levels of conflict and are unable to reach agreement regarding parenting arrangements for their children and/or the distribution of property.
These interventions include mediation, conciliation, therapeutic mediation and child inclusive practice under the jurisdiction of the Family Law Act.
Your experience will tick the following boxes:
- Appropriate degree (or equivalent) in either law or a relevant social science.
- Accreditation as a Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner (Australian Attorney- General’s Department) or ability to successfully complete training to meet the accreditation requirements.
- An understanding of the process and purpose of child-inclusive mediation practice.
- Knowledge of family law legislation.
- Knowledge and understanding of community services, especially those relating to families experiencing relationship difficulties.
- Knowledge of child protection
- Well-developed ability and understanding of issues facing diverse linguistic communities both established and newly emerging
- Family Dispute Resolution (mediation) experience or experience working in a related field – counselling /therapy, welfare, family law
- Experience and expertise in program promotion and liaison
- Experience working within a Family Law contextFamiliarity with the Family Law Act and other relevant legislation(e.g. Children and Young Persons(Care and Protection) Act)
Why Uniting?Accompanying Uniting’s fulfilling careers are a range of excellent benefits including:
- Salary Packaging benefits, designed to increase your take home salary
- Registered Training Organization
What’s next?If the idea of working for a progressive not-for-profit organization excites you, then please apply now.
Applications close 9 July 2019