At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice. Our services are in the areas of aged care and disability, community services, and chaplaincy and we get involved in social justice and advocacy issues that impact the people we serve.
We commit to respecting children and take action to keep them safe. As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of lifestyle choices, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.
About the Role
About the Role
We are looking for a Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner to join our team in Campbelltown on a Part-time permanent basis. In this position, you will provide a range of interventions to families post-separation who are experiencing various levels of conflict and are unable to reach agreement regarding parenting arrangements for their children and/or the distribution of property.
These interventions include mediation, conciliation, therapeutic mediation and child inclusive practice under the jurisdiction of the Family Law Act.
This position is offered on a part-time basis working 3 days a week (21 hours).
Your experience will tick the following boxes:
- Appropriate Tertiary qualification in law, psychology or social work
- Accreditation as a Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner (Australian Attorney- General’s Department)
- An understanding of the process and purpose of child-inclusive practice in FDR
- Knowledge of family law legislation.
- Knowledge and understanding of community services, especially those relating to families experiencing relationship difficulties.
Accompanying Uniting’s fulfilling careers are a range of excellent benefits including:
- Salary Packaging benefits, designed to increase your take home salary
- Registered Training Organization
If the idea of working for a progressive not-for-profit organization excites you, then please apply now.