- Leading NFP
- A fantastic opportunity to join the existing team of Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners
- Full time work opportunity
- Based in Penrith Centre
- Salary packing available
Relationships Australia NSW (RANSW) believes everyone is entitled to positive, supportive and healthy relationships. Our work is centred on building strong family relationships and community connections. As a leading independent non-profit organisation, we focus on those in greatest need, and we conduct our work with respect for difference and social inclusiveness.
We are currently looking for an experienced Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner to join our Family Relationship Centre based in Penrith Centre. The Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners provide a range of interventions to families that are experiencing conflict and are unable to reach agreement regarding arrangements in relation to children.
This position requires the practitioner to be registered on the Australian Government Attorney General's Department Register of Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners under the Family Law Act 1975 (see Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners Regulations 2008).
About the role
Some of the responsibilities of the successful applicant will include:
- Maintaining Family Dispute Resolution service to clients from referral to closure as appropriate, including all clinical and administrative tasks of cases.
- Providing a range of interventions to families who are experiencing conflict post-separation and are unable to reach agreement regarding parenting arrangements for their children.
- Provide information to clients and potential clients about other options upon separation, including information about counselling and legal processes. Refer clients to other services (internal and external) as required.
About the successful candidate
This is a full time position working 5 days per week based in Penrith Centre. The successful candidate will have:
- Registered on the Australian Government Attorney General's Department Register of Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners under the Family Law Act 1975;
- A tertiary background in law, social sciences, social work or mediation/dispute resolution
- Demonstrated high level of skills in family dispute resolution including assessments and mediation intervention;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a child focused approach;
- Knowledge of issues facing separating families;
- High level written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to work as an effective team member;
- Proficiency at using data management systems, Microsoft Office packages, and video conferencing.
Previous experience in property mediation and workplace mediation is desirable.
How to Apply
Candidates MUST apply online and answer the role selection criteria's. For more information about the role and details on how to apply, visit the link below:
RANSW is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aboriginal Australians are encouraged to apply. Through our Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP), we aim to drive greater equality by practical actions to increase employment opportunities, and build strong and respectful relationships between Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal Australians. RANSW's RAP can be found at: http://www.relationshipsnsw.org.au/about-us/stretchreconciliation-action-plan/
RANSW recognises the importance of a healthy work-life balance. We work hard to promote a supportive work environment and we have a strong focus on professional development. We offer a range of benefits including salary packaging that provides significant tax-free benefits.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE ON SUNDAY 21 OCTOBER 2018