Disputes/Complaints Assessments Officer
icare is seeking a Disputes/Complaints Assessment Officer to provide prompt resolutions for disputes and complaints for scheme participants and service providers.
- Utilise your skills in managing disputes and complaints resolution
- 9-month maternity cover contract
- From $94,782 + superannuation
We’re looking for someone to investigate, manage and resolve disputes and complaints in the Lifetime Care and Support Scheme. Engaging with participants, their families and service providers, you’ll find solutions to escalated complaints and support staff to resolve issues at the frontline. You’ll also be involved in organising external dispute assessments and negotiating informal solutions within the legislative framework of the dispute resolution framework to ensure any disputes which occur are promptly resolved.
You’ll be working with a diverse mix of high performing, engaging and inquisitive people who really care about making a difference for people and the NSW community. You will have a mind for getting things done and a heart for people and you will set the bar high through the quality of the work you do and the people-oriented decisions you make.
From a health and disability background, mediation or advocacy agency, insurance claims environment or Scheme provider, you will have experience or at least exposure to managing disputes and complaints within legislative or policy framework. A natural problem solver, you’re clear, decisive and resilient. You’ll bring your experience in handling conflict management, whilst maintaining strong relationships and being non-judgemental. You have exposure to working in a complex, often highly intensive environment, with the ability to show genuine empathy when negotiating outcomes in sensitive situations.
It’s an exciting environment where no two days are the same. But on a typical day you might find yourself:
- investigating and resolving complaints from participants, service providers, stakeholders and the general public in relation to the Scheme
- supporting, coaching and training Lifetime Care staff to resolve frontline complaints
- managing the process for resolving disputes about eligibility to the Scheme in accordance with legislation and guidelines.
- managing the process for resolving disputes about participants’ treatment and care needs in accordance with legislation and guidelines, assessing each dispute for resolution as quickly and informally as possible, referring disputes to an external assessor as required.
- assisting external dispute assessors by providing advice and information about the applicable legislation, guidelines and procedures.
- Contributing to monitoring of trends in assessments, disputes and complaints to provide input into the overall management of the Lifetime Care and Support Scheme
We’re a new kind of organisation, one that’s as supportive and socially conscious as it is agile and explorative. Our DNA of commercial mind and social heart captures who we are at our core.
If you think you’re the right person for this role, send us your resume (up to 5 pages). Don’t delay as we’re assessing applications as they are received. We’d love to hear how your capabilities, achievements and experience set you apart.
We know our strength comes from the diversity of our people and so we want people with different experiences and backgrounds to apply. We recognise the importance of balance and flexibility and understand that it’s not a one size fits all approach, so we’d be happy to talk about and consider your specific needs.
If there are any accessibility adjustments you need to help you be able to apply for this role, or if you require any further information about the role, please contact Kerry Goode on (02) 9216 3060 for a chat.
Please note that you must be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident of Australia or a New Zealand citizen with a current New Zealand passport to apply for this role.
- icare is the brand of Insurance & Care NSW
- For more information about icare visit our website
- icare operates a direct sourcing model so no agency introductions will be accepted