Dispute Resolution Officers
- 3 month temp assignment, subject to business requirements
- Work from Home
- Utilise your negotiation skills
- Provide high-quality information and assistance regarding the prevention and resolution of disputes to businesses and their advisers and develop a sound knowledge of the legislation within the jurisdiction of the Commission;
- Manage a range of disputes, including negotiating the resolution of disputes prior to mediation;
- Liaise with the mediation parties and the mediators in relation to the mediation arrangements and advising on the operations of the mediation service;
- Work within a team and Commissioner in performing her functions and exercising her powers;
- Other duties as required.
Key Selection Criteria
- Well-developed written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to relate effectively to internal and external stakeholders and businesses across a broad range of issues;
- High level conceptual and analytical skills, including the ability to research and analyse issues, provide quality advice and reports;
- Demonstrated experience and well-developed negotiation and problem-solving skills which can be applied to the resolution of disputes;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team and develop effective working relationships;
- Demonstrated experience contributing to projects and ensuring project objectives are met;
- Significant knowledge and experience in general office procedures and activities as well as high level of competence using Microsoft Office applications. Demonstrated experience in using Microsoft Access and Content Manager (TRIM) would be an advantage.
A relevant tertiary degree and/or mediator accreditation under the National Mediator Accreditation Standards (NMAS) would be an advantage.
- Work from Home
- 3 month role, with the potential for extension, subject to business requirements
- Friendly, approachable team
- Excellent hourly rate
This is an urgent requirement.